Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Headlight Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Help!!

Ok I have this new to me 99 F150 SCab and well the headlights SUCK!!!! They are yellowed and not too bright. What does everyone do for upgrading the headlights and the driving lights. HIDs? New headlights? Just looking for insight, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Sal
98 F150 4x4 4.6L

Originally Posted by drdfblackm
Ok I have this new to me 99 F150 SCab and well the headlights SUCK!!!! They are yellowed and not too bright. What does everyone do for upgrading the headlights and the driving lights. HIDs? New headlights? Just looking for insight, any help would be greatly appreciated.
put some offroad lights on thatll light up the road haha. mine were kinda dim so i put the blue high intensity bulbs in. they were pretty nice but burned out in under a month
Old 11-28-2010, 08:58 AM

Default lights

Originally Posted by drdfblackm
Check out another thread on here about HIDs & the Silverstar(?) bulbs. There was quite a bit of push from most of the folks to have anyone that is remotely thinking of changing their current lighting set-up to go with HIDs. There are even a few pics in the thread & I gotta say, HIDs are very, VERY impressive! The only drawback that I've heard of regarding HIDs is that they are just a little dim for the first few seconds after you turn them on. Once they warm up, WOW!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you also could run like a Helo projector stial headlight housing

Quick Reply: Headlight Help!!