Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Has anyone ever lowered their F-150?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone ever lowered their F-150?

Sorry for the title, I needed an attention getter....
Anyways, I've been a member for a while on ford-trucks.com but doesn't seem like anyone over there lowers their trucks... Only raises them.... I'm looking for some knowledgable information from people that have lowered their trucks.
I've got an 03 2wd supercab and I'm wondering, with the belltech 3/4 drop w/ shocks what offset is the best to run on a 22x9.5 wheel? I want them to almost be flush w/ the fender. But enough they will not rub. I'll post a picture of somebody else's truck that I want mine to sit like....
Secondly, for anyone running a 3/4 drop or a 4/6 drop do you haul things and do you bottom out? Will I need to notch on a 3/4 to haul.... Can I got 4/6 w/ a notch and haul without riding on the bump stops all the time? Anyways, thanks in advance for your time, and here is that picture I promised...

PS, I found these replica wheels and they come in 22x9.5 in +15 and +35 offsets... not sure what these are.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:14 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Ok you want to lower your truck, and be able to still haul things? I am not being an ***..much.. Just trying to make sure I am reading this right. If it were me I would get with a local customizing shop and talk to them. They do things like that all the time and would be able to answer your questions, also if you do enough business with them they can discount parts and labor for you. I did when I was working in a customizing shop for regular customers. IF a customer came in with internet crap I chaged them double labor, because normally the parts were wrong or were of such poor quality they were a pain to install.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:22 PM

Ok, also not trying to be an ***, but I will be doing this myself, I have lowered many, many cars, this will be my first truck, as doing so, I was wanting first hand info from people w/ lowered fords. I know how to do it, and do not trust anyone else to work on my vehicles. I just want to know how low to go and still haul my quad and what offset. If I would've picked any different offset on my car then the +48's that I got, the wheels/tires would not have fit, period.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:01 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Problem with lowering a truck is it loses its payload ability. Defiantly bag it so you can lift the back with the Quad in it. I am not a wheel man so I can't help ya there. Just not a fan of lowered trucks, so I never did the research on it.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:03 AM

where did you find those replica wheels at?
Old 11-09-2008, 03:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LOHfootball53
where did you find those replica wheels at?

wow, this thread is back from the summer. anyway. he said that it's a pic of someone else's truck. not his. he may know the person though.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:43 AM

i have lowered mine 3/4 and can still haul around a quad and motorcycles. But if you really want to lower it and still haul heavy stuff then get the tow helper bags. My friend has his truck lowered more than mine and tows a 24foot enclosed trailer with his 1940 ford coupe in it with the bags. And does not bottom out on the frame
Old 02-11-2009, 09:02 PM
RedTater

I have a 1998 f150 lowered 2/4 with a roush lowering kit and my hauls stuff just fine, the previous owner lowered it and use to pull a boat with no problems also. You could get some helper springs if you were worried about hauling stuff, that would be the cheapest way. I'm not saying I haul a lot of heavy things because I don't, if I start too than I will definitely invest in some helper springs.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Ask about my Zombie plan

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nate_boothman
I have a 1998 f150 lowered 2/4 with a roush lowering kit and my hauls stuff just fine, the previous owner lowered it and use to pull a boat with no problems also. You could get some helper springs if you were worried about hauling stuff, that would be the cheapest way. I'm not saying I haul a lot of heavy things because I don't, if I start too than I will definitely invest in some helper springs.
No worries Nate. I got a buddy who owns a Screw that's lowered as much as the one in the pictures and he hauls a landscaping trailer around all over Ga. If you want to haul heavy stuff, invest in Helper Air bags in the rear. He installed them on his and it rides great and when he's hauling his trailer then they're pumped up.

Excuse the return of the living dead post! Wow, it's an old one...

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever lowered their F-150?