Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Harley f-150 lean and evap codes

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley f-150 lean and evap codes

I had the codes read on my truck yesterday and it came up p0147 and p0442. Lean bank 2 and an evap code. I'm looking for some guidance though I have done some searching and looking around. I have read about common problems with both codes. My train of thought has been telling me that maybe the evap code is causing the lean code. Is that a possibility in your opinion? The common problems I have read about are the gas cap and evap canister and hoses. So if they are leaking would it cause a fuel pressure issue, making the number 2 bank run lean? It's the side furthest from the pump right? I read that the lean code only pops up when 20% more fuel is needed for that bank. I can hear some pressure being released after I shut the engine off, but never thought much about it, thought it was boost pressure beading off. I am about to try and tackle this monster. Think I'll try the gas cap and inspect the evap system by eyes and ears first. Seems like I could throw hundreds if not thousands of dollars at this trying out all the possibilities. Any help or Sharing of your first hand experiences would be great. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Harley f-150 lean and evap codes