Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Got My truck back

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 11:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Got My truck back

Got my truck back from the shop today. The massive Oil leak problem turned out to be the lower intake gasket was pinched in the rear, allowing oil to flow down the back of the block and looking like the oil pan seal. Lost 2 quarts of oil the first 150 miles I drove from the shop on Monday. Made them come pick it up Tuesday and fix it. Hopefully they got it right this time. Tired of messing with them...the BS, the delays, the excuses, Having to contact the owner of the company to get action. Should have ( could have ) done it my self, but lacked the time to do it. Thought I had done the the research and question asking to find a good shop. Guess I picked wrong after all. But I have to find the silver lining...Now I have a new 4.2 with a 3 year 50,000 mile warranty. Next best thing to a new truck! Running really good. Actually with all I've done to my baby blue before the motor went,...with new tires, clutch, PCM, starter, fuel pump, complete exhaust with new cats, ...the list is loooong and expensive...I practically have a new truck now...paid for, and good for another 191,000 miles.

Now comes the cosmetic clean up, inside and out. Soon as I get her looking presentable, I will post some pics. Then new sounds, anything is better than the base AF/FM stereo radio that the push on/push off switch is stuck in the "on" position ( I turn it down to turn it off so to speak). Looking to be able to mount new stereo AND my CB in the same hole as the factory unit. Looks like there's room. Contemplating a few interior upgrades like the seating, sliding rear window, I like the 4X4 front bumper with fog lights, nerf bars or side steps of some kind, spray on bed liner... minor stuff. Or I may get the upgrade/customizing bug and go beyond practical. Time will tell tell. Anyway should have the pics up this weekend.

Last edited by mlarky1957; 07-23-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:18 AM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

We are pic ******^^ bring them to us please

Quick Reply: Got My truck back