Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

A Good Electric Fan?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Good Electric Fan?

Are electric fans all about the same?

They seem to be a good investment for the engine both power and for longer life - should I consider one type, style or brand over another?
Old 10-04-2008, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flex-a-lite fans are the best. I put one on my wrangler and I believe now all of the propaganda the use to sell their fans. I put it on my wrangler because the old clutch style blew up and shredded my year ol radiator GRRRRRRR so I used the old "but honey I could put on another old style but thats simply unreliable, and this electric will save gas and give more horsepower". Hook line and sinker now I am the only of my friends with the set up. WOW the ***** power while towing my popup trailer up hill and the gas mileage are waaaaaaaaaay noticable. I never realized how much power was lost to the fan. I am a new F150 (love it) owner and I plan on towing alot. There are several things I do to every used vehicle I purchase(Intake Exhaust etc...) this will always be one of those things I do from this point on. Here is what I have found. I need to scrape up some cash but this will be in before I tow my jeep to Moab next year with out a doubt.
http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/html/ford-truck.html
Old 10-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Paint it black

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

spal is also one of the best on the market

Quick Reply: A Good Electric Fan?