Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

gauge pod airbag light flashes, stays on???

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gauge pod airbag light flashes, stays on???

i tried to find posts about my problem, but they all had to do with installing new stereos and forgetting to plug in an airbag sensor-which is not my problem since my f150 is bone stock. one of the posts did mention something about airbag light flashing could be tied to a bad O2 sensor? i have an '03 v6 reg cab manual tranny with 66xxx miles on it, here goes...
a month ago my 'check engine light' came on-took it to autozone and got p1131&p1151 codes, 'check engine' light turned off on it's own after they read the codes. a week ago 'check engine' light came back on. yesterday i hopped in my truck and moved the seat back a few inches(i usually drive with it pretty far forward). 5 minutes into driving, gauge pod airbag light came on and stayed on. got to my destination and noticed my car cleaning supplies in a bag were wedged behind my seat putting pressure on it, some armor all also had leaked under the seat. moved the bag and when i started driving the airbag light went out. today i hop in my truck and 5mins into my trip the airbag light comes on again-but this time it would flash 2or3 times, pause, flash 2or3 times and so on before it just stayed on. took it to autozone again to get the codes read and this time only got p1131-also the 'check engine' light stayed on and so did the airbag light. got home and disconnected the battery(+&-) for 2mins hoping to reset the airbag sensor. started the truck and the 'check engine' light wasn't on anymore but the airbag light did it's flashing again before staying on. i only mention the 'check engine' light stuff because as mentioned above the airbag posts i DID find mentioned the airbag light flashing being tied to a faulty 02 sensor. any thoughts???
Old 01-11-2010, 09:31 PM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

when I was stripping my 2001 F150 down I made it so it was still drivable. I unplugged my seat belt on the drivers side cause I was removing interior pieces and when I started the truck, the airbag light was flashing 2 times then 3 times with a pause inbetween. I am thinking when you slide the seat back maybe the plug was stretched/stressed and lost connection as well. Take a good look at the seat belt electrical connectors. Also pull them apart as be sure the pins in the plug are not pulled back out of their sockets.

Let us know what you find out.

On a side note, the Check Engine Light (CEL) when you brought it to Autozone they probably cleared the codes after reading them. This way to be sure the next time they come on you have the same hard codes.

Rob/HBT just trying to help is all
Old 01-12-2010, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are the seat bealt electrical connectors...

located under the seats???...i'll check your theory hit by thunder because the night before the airbag light came on i vacuumed my truck and moved both seats forward/backward all the way a few times and remember my hand get stuck on a wire under the driver seat pretty good when i pushed it back-not to mention quite a bit of armor-all leaked under the seat and soaked the connector i yanked. anyway, thanks for the info hit by thunder!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:25 PM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

hey no probel at all, I am not saying this will be the fix but a good chance at it anyways. Just post here to let us know what happens, fixed or not

Rob/HBT

Quick Reply: gauge pod airbag light flashes, stays on???