Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Gauge Cluster Not working 1998 F 150

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge Cluster Not working 1998 F 150

Hello guys I need some help I was driving my truck yesterday, parked it went in my house came back out and went to drive it and looked at my gauges and nothing was some of the lamps were working like the battery light, air bag light. My check engine light went away speedo dosent work, odometer dosent work, fuel, oil, etc. I changed out the GEM and no luck checked all fuses none were bad I am stumped. Help Please
V/R
Haney
Old 03-24-2012, 04:39 PM

Add insult to injury here we checked to see if we are getting power to the gauges and no power yet fuses are good.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:28 AM

it could be a few things...

easy first.

check your fuse/relays
check your harness "could be loose"

second

check your battery,
if you have a bad cell then your truck will start if it is keeping a charge but not the right amount of volts/amps. you could go to any parts store and they check it for free...

third, your cluster might just need to be replaced or re-flashed!
if its a 97-98 and you have a buddy with the same year swap and see if it works in your truck. if its newer then you have the pats system then ford has to reflash it.

so out of all of this you just need to take the time to look into it, these are all it could be. let me know how it goes
Old 03-26-2012, 09:58 AM

Ok so ther verdict was the GEM after all I was so focused on the GEM I fogot to put #29 fuse back in once i did that my gauges came back however when we hooked up the OBII reader to see what codes we still had it said wiper circut error so i flip them on anonce i did i put it to full speed to see if i had full range and i did til i got to top speed and now the wipers wont shut off got any clue on that one my temp fix was to pull the fuse.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:29 PM

Hi Guys, I'm having same problems only gauges worked when idle but not in hi RPMS,then they bounced all around. Now they don't work at all. What is the GEM? Thanks

Quick Reply: Gauge Cluster Not working 1998 F 150