Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 1997 - 2003 Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2014, 03:26 AM   #91
Senior Member
 
ibd2328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7,082
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Thanked 309 Times in 258 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Default

double ouch!! What year powerstroke?
__________________
ibd2328 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:27 AM   #92
Senior Member
 
ibd2328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7,082
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Thanked 309 Times in 258 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Default

btw @Carcrazygts2 I could use some suggestions on the single vs TT route. The more I think about it, the more I want to go with a single 76mm or something. Thoughts?
__________________
ibd2328 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:31 AM   #93
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,111
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Thanked 193 Times in 188 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibd2328 View Post
btw @Carcrazygts2 I could use some suggestions on the single vs TT route. The more I think about it, the more I want to go with a single 76mm or something. Thoughts?
I'll give what I think. I'll post it in your thread. Lets not derail @fordmotorsports.
Carcrazygts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:34 AM   #94
Senior Member
 
ibd2328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7,082
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Thanked 309 Times in 258 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazygts2 View Post
I'll give what I think. I'll post it in your thread. Lets not derail @fordmotorsports.
Good ideal... @fordmotorsport feel free to give input as well... Im new to the FI
__________________
ibd2328 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:32 AM   #95
Senior Member
 
fordmotorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,430
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Thanked 45 Times in 43 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

No one will buy the power stroke if it doesn't move. It sits in park and neutral fine but when shifted into drive or reverse, it dies. I've been all over the diesel threads and I have came up with bad solenoids, locked up converter, or trans fluid issues. No time to throw parts at it let alone get it to the dealer but there isn't any codes anyway. I found a trans with 50k miles and I'm buying a new converter so I'll solve it all, whatever it is. Plus, it's an upgrade to an 08 6.4 5r110, stronger planetary gears, yada yada. Just have to use a 6.0 converter and flex plate.
__________________
Boat build thread http://www.f150forum.com/f15/my-f-15...72-sr1-214843/
Lightning blower swap thread http://www.f150forum.com/f6/just-ano...r-swap-198994/
2004 Super Duty
fordmotorsport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:36 AM   #96
Meaner than Ymeski
5 Year Member
 
bobkyle2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 22,725
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Thanked 715 Times in 426 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmotorsport View Post
No one will buy the power stroke if it doesn't move. It sits in park and neutral fine but when shifted into drive or reverse, it dies. I've been all over the diesel threads and I have came up with bad solenoids, locked up converter, or trans fluid issues. No time to throw parts at it let alone get it to the dealer but there isn't any codes anyway. I found a trans with 50k miles and I'm buying a new converter so I'll solve it all, whatever it is. Plus, it's an upgrade to an 08 6.4 5r110, stronger planetary gears, yada yada. Just have to use a 6.0 converter and flex plate.
Is it tuned? How does it die, Does it just "lights out" like you shut the key off.... Or does it try to take off ....
__________________

Click Here for instructions on uploading pics!
My 08F150's life
My Chevy K5 build thread.
bobkyle2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #97
Senior Member
 
4x4dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CO
Posts: 816
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Thanked 45 Times in 44 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Sounds like the powerstroke is jealous and wants attention haha
__________________
02' King Ranch 5.4 4x4 Lightning conversion - Ported Eaton M112 - Ported Plenum - Ported Throttle body - 6# lower - Walbro 255 - SCT BA 2600 MAF - 42Lb injectors - Dual Borla exhaust - OBX longtube headers - Built Lentech 4r70W - Lentech VB - 2000 stall converter - 381 RWHP, 507RWTQ
Build Thread
4x4dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:54 AM   #98
Senior Member
 
fordmotorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,430
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Thanked 45 Times in 43 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkyle2 View Post
Is it tuned? How does it die, Does it just "lights out" like you shut the key off.... Or does it try to take off ....
It tries to take off. It's like dropping a manual into 5th gear and popping the clutch.
Not tuned either
__________________
Boat build thread http://www.f150forum.com/f15/my-f-15...72-sr1-214843/
Lightning blower swap thread http://www.f150forum.com/f6/just-ano...r-swap-198994/
2004 Super Duty

Last edited by fordmotorsport; 03-10-2014 at 10:01 AM.
fordmotorsport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:22 PM   #99
Senior Member
 
fordmotorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,430
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Thanked 45 Times in 43 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4dave View Post
Sounds like the powerstroke is jealous and wants attention haha
Well if that's case, I guess it worked. Since I am doing this I don't think I can sell it. I don't want to lose money on it. Might as well throw the lift on and cruise it? It would definitely haul the boat until I sell that..
__________________
Boat build thread http://www.f150forum.com/f15/my-f-15...72-sr1-214843/
Lightning blower swap thread http://www.f150forum.com/f6/just-ano...r-swap-198994/
2004 Super Duty
fordmotorsport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:59 PM   #100
Senior Member
 
fordmotorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,430
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Thanked 45 Times in 43 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Wow! That trans is heavy! Just picked it up. Now to find time to install it.
__________________
Boat build thread http://www.f150forum.com/f15/my-f-15...72-sr1-214843/
Lightning blower swap thread http://www.f150forum.com/f6/just-ano...r-swap-198994/
2004 Super Duty
fordmotorsport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:59 PM
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:41 AM.


Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.