Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Exhaust questions need tips and commments.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust questions need tips and commments.

OK I got my f150 a week ago! Im excited I have a 1999 F150 5.4 triton, 2WD. I posted I was getting a 4WD but that fell through. I have some pics but can them yet due to pc issues. But anyway everything is stock I bought some step bars for it yesterday and puttin them on monday. Gotts mod done today. So heres a question I am going to do something with the exhaust on Monday as well. I was thinking flowmaster, but how much of a difference would I see if i just swapped the muffler with a flowmaster as compared to redoing the whole exhaust. I was quoted 100 to just do the muffler to flowmaster, 240 to do the whole exhaust without tips, and 340 to do the whole thing with tips. What do you guys think I should go with? Will redoing the whole exhaust make a much bigger diffrence then just doing the muffler to flowmaster? Any help would be appreciated.
THANKS in advance
Old 02-20-2010, 04:55 PM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome!

These are mostly just my opinions, but I thought I'd put them out there. First of all, you wont get a huge difference with just the Flowmaster, a bit louder and deeper, but thats about it. A whole true dual exhaust system would sound alot better, and would be noticeably different; I wouldn't pay the extra 100 bucks for the tips, mostly because you can go to almost any auto parts store and buy your own tips and put them on for less than half of the cost.

Also, to help save you some money, you could buy a Thrush Welded. They are basically the exact same thing as the Flowmaster 40 series but for about 1/3 of the cost.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I was debating on leaving the tips off for now cause its a extra 100 bucks for them to do the tips and I have been seeing some on ebay for 30 to 60 bucks a pair. So you go true duels then huh? I mean its not thatg much more and it would be more if I decided to do it later so I might just do that. Just trying to get some opions before I do it on Monday

Quick Reply: Exhaust questions need tips and commments.