Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 1997 - 2003 Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2014, 05:14 PM   #2771
Senior Member
 
fordmotorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,471
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Thanked 46 Times in 44 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedyal View Post

I asked. And since I'm a hard working, law abiding, tax paying citizen that's never required government assistance, now I owe them more money.
Yep that sounds about right lol
__________________
Boat build thread http://www.f150forum.com/f15/my-f-15...72-sr1-214843/
Lightning blower swap thread http://www.f150forum.com/f6/just-ano...r-swap-198994/
2004 Super Duty
fordmotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:15 PM   #2772
Senior Member
 
02_Black_On_White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Has anyone ever run a cam in a 5.4? Not a crazy cam but I'm interesting in a mild cam to go with long tube headers and true duals, If I wanted to do it right what all would i need to upgrade? Lifters valve train rocker arms exc? I'm not much of a motor guy when it comes to internals so I'll probably have it professionally done because my buddy has a shop. Id love to hear if anyone has done it and if its common!
02_Black_On_White is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:20 PM   #2773
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
charliedyal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tallahassee, Fl
Posts: 2,300
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Thanked 95 Times in 89 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02_Black_On_White View Post
Has anyone ever run a cam in a 5.4? Not a crazy cam but I'm interesting in a mild cam to go with long tube headers and true duals, If I wanted to do it right what all would i need to upgrade? Lifters valve train rocker arms exc? I'm not much of a motor guy when it comes to internals so I'll probably have it professionally done because my buddy has a shop. Id love to hear if anyone has done it and if its common!
@Carcrazygts2 is.
charliedyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:36 PM   #2774
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,251
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Thanked 202 Times in 197 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02_Black_On_White View Post
Has anyone ever run a cam in a 5.4? Not a crazy cam but I'm interesting in a mild cam to go with long tube headers and true duals, If I wanted to do it right what all would i need to upgrade? Lifters valve train rocker arms exc? I'm not much of a motor guy when it comes to internals so I'll probably have it professionally done because my buddy has a shop. Id love to hear if anyone has done it and if its common!
You'll need cams, valve springs, timing chains, chain tensioners, a hole bunch of gaskets and some tuning..
Carcrazygts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:46 PM   #2775
Senior Member
 
ibd2328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7,289
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Thanked 317 Times in 264 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazygts2 View Post
You'll need cams, valve springs, timing chains, chain tensioners, a hole bunch of gaskets and some tuning..
Cam sprockets, adjustable crank gears, valve cover gaskets, front seal, oil pan gasket, rtv.
__________________
ibd2328 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:47 PM   #2776
Senior Member
 
02_Black_On_White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibd2328 View Post
Cam sprockets, adjustable crank gears, valve cover gaskets, front seal, oil pan gasket, rtv.
thanks guys, I figured I'll need the works, might have to save up a bit for it haha!
02_Black_On_White is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:55 PM   #2777
Senior Member
 
fordmotorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,471
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Thanked 46 Times in 44 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

If you are thinking mild and depending on lift you could use the factory springs but hey if you're in there I'd replace it all anyway. Thats how I do it. Just makes sense to save for all the parts and do it right the first time.
__________________
Boat build thread http://www.f150forum.com/f15/my-f-15...72-sr1-214843/
Lightning blower swap thread http://www.f150forum.com/f6/just-ano...r-swap-198994/
2004 Super Duty
fordmotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:56 PM   #2778
Senior Member
 
02_Black_On_White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmotorsport View Post
If you are thinking mild and depending on lift you could use the factory springs but hey if you're in there I'd replace it all anyway. Thats how I do it. Just makes sense to save for all the parts and do it right the first time.
yeah thats what I figured might as well do it right and take my time figuring everything out.
02_Black_On_White is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:22 PM   #2779
Meaner than Ymeski
5 Year Member
 
bobkyle2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 22,763
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Thanked 719 Times in 429 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Dayum, Some of the fastest trucks i've seen in awhile here at the races tonight. Pulaski county fair. SOUTHERNNN illinois. Took us like 3 hours to get here.

Go pro is loaded in our truck
__________________

Click Here for instructions on uploading pics!
My 08F150's life
My Chevy K5 build thread.
bobkyle2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:46 PM   #2780
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
charliedyal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tallahassee, Fl
Posts: 2,300
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Thanked 95 Times in 89 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkyle2 View Post
Dayum, Some of the fastest trucks i've seen in awhile here at the races tonight. Pulaski county fair. SOUTHERNNN illinois. Took us like 3 hours to get here.

Go pro is loaded in our truck
Can't wait to see them!

Anybody have any thoughts on the PLX wideband gauge with boost module? Found one on CL for a reasonable price.
charliedyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:46 PM
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:53 PM.


Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.