Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

door-ajar bell disable

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door-ajar bell disable

This is also an introduction. Great forum, I'm sure I'll learn alot.

I just bought a 04 F150 Heritage (same as the 97-03) models with 102k on it. I'm hoping for the best. I'd like to disable the door ajar bell as I camp alot and listen to satalite radio with the door(s) open. It was a simple disable on my 96 F150, but not so on the newer model. Has anyone else done this. Any unintended consequences? I suspect I may loose the headlight warning as well.

Thanks in advance. jb
Old 10-13-2008, 10:57 AM

I pull the ign lock cylinder and remove the metal strip that senses that the key is in the lock. The dinger is to go off with the door open and the key in the ignition in the ones I have worked on.

Some of the upgraded trucks you can program them to delete the seatbelt minder and auto door locks as well. I am not too sure about the key minder though.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:16 PM

Default Thanks BR, I wonder if...

you could dip the tip of your key in a plastic coating to prevent an elec. conection with the metal strip?

Also, do you know where the switch is that tells the system the door is open? There is a switch on the side of the rear door, but depressing it dosn't disable the bell or the cargo light. I'd also like to manually controle that as well.

jb

Quick Reply: door-ajar bell disable