Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

DDM TUNING review.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DDM TUNING review.

Sometimes you have a great company with alot of good reviews, and for some reason you just get the short stick. Apparently I got the short stick. My order was placed on 3/27/10 for H4 (HI/LO) / H7... and a 9007 HI / LO kit. Well over a week in " processing " my SO gets made on 4/6/10. Well I receive an email to tell me that half my order is on "backorder" now and not available to ship..
OK STRIKE 1, I was gonna let the over a week "processing" thing go because I know im A.D.D about getting new toys in when I order them online, but dont wait 10 days after you have my money to tell my order is on "backorder." In reality it should show it on your site in the checkout page "OUT OF STOCK" Hell I would of upgraded to a more expensive item that was in stock. Ok whatever though.. Im still gonna just go with the flow. Well I receive my package ( of half my order that was in stock ) and tear the bike apart and pop the low beam in, then go to wire the high beam, and realize Im missing all kinds of wires. I go on the site and sure enough, there was supposed to be a wiring harness sent with it.. STRIKE 2. I call them, I get a nice customer server lady ( actual human, so + 0.5) She says "wow Im sorry yea it should of came with that, Im going to get that sent out first thing tomorrow." Good deal, well I call back the next day to say please send me a tracking # ( so my A.D.D can watch it scoot around the country ) they say, " well sir, it has already been sent out but we dont have a tracking #, it will be there in 3 days." Ok that works.. well "3 business days" was 4/13/09. No sign of package. I call them today 4/14 and say I just wanted to verify the harness that was sent to me last week, I havent received it. Ready for this? "Sir, I'm not sure who you talked to, but those harness's are on BACKORDER." STRIKE 3 and **** it STRIKE 4 too because now Im pissed, I understand **** happens but dont lie to me! I say "I dont mean to be the problem customer, but give me a break." I explain to him the story.. he says one sec and puts me on hold for 20+mins (theres your real STRIKE 4 - dont put PO bitchin customer on hold for that long.) Luckily I dont loose my cool in those kinda situations, I worked CSR for few years, the person your talking to doesnt really have **** to do with it, or care for that matter. Im now told that they are trying to rig something up around the shop to send to me... and cant find anything yet.. um what?? No, when can you send me the product that I paid for... I eventually give up, I dont want a discount, I dont want a coupon, I just want the product I purchased. So supposedly the harness is coming in on 4/16 and going to be shipped to me then WITH a tracking #. And btw during all this I havent received the OTHER half of my order from the beginning. "Its stuck in customs." apparently. So for all the good reviews I hear about this site.. I have been disappointed at the sub par customer service.. the hardware that I have received seems to be of decent quality, and hopefully will last. But oh well, the point is I dont mind waiting for items and I understand things happen, but hate it when Im lied to and just put out.. Looking out the window for package thats never been sent to me.. Ive bought a ton of items off eBay from people that dont even speak english, and live off an island thats not even on the map, and everything goes smooth as eggs...

And to save some of your replies, I know, buy locally... I understand.. but somtimes its either buy offline for cheap, or dont buy at all. If I had the money I would, and I would shop at Publix and buy the same stuff walmart has just marked up , and put race fuel in my weedeater. But thats how the cookie crumbles!
Old 04-15-2010, 01:32 AM
I Missed Page 47!

Dammit. This isn't cool. I ordered the top of the line kit I could get, 55W 6000K HI/LO 9007s.. Cost me $82.69 and it's still processing since Friday..
Old 04-15-2010, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by ryanroma
Dammit. This isn't cool. I ordered the top of the line kit I could get, 55W 6000K HI/LO 9007s.. Cost me $82.69 and it's still processing since Friday..

yea their "processing" is funny.. mine sat for well over a week. I still have not received my 9007 HI/LO.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Received 1,683 Likes on 588 Posts

Man... Sorry you had such bad luck with them. I ordered my stuff from them and it was at my doorstep in about a week.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

really? from what i've heard before they were just fine and the kits worked great.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

couple co workers bought from them. took a while, but prices were cheap.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:47 PM
I Missed Page 47!

I'm so frustrated with them right now I could cry almost lol.. It's been a week since I ordered my 55W kit which they didn't have backordered and they only shipped ~130 orders today. It'll be at least Monday before it even ships, and probably the end of next week before I get my HID kit.. This is pathetic, even for the deal I got on them.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:05 PM

Default Update

Ok update: I received my 9007 HI / LO kit today.. woo ... go to install it and ta da... I received a bad bulb. One works, the other will work on lo beam, but will not rotate to high beam.. you can hear it "try" to.. but it doesnt function correctly.. So I give em a call for support... seems they wanted to close early today.. how nice. I must say I post on a lot of forums and heard a lot of great things.. but this is insane.. I will never make a purchase from here again. At least if they were working with me and understood why I was upset.. but everyone I talk to has no idea of my problems, nothing is noted on the account, and they just play the "idk who you talked to card." I have started writing down names now.. and will be asking for supervisor on Monday... DDM = /failboat.

And other update: Still havent received my harness for the bike kit.. I just put the bike back together and been riding..
Old 04-16-2010, 09:24 PM
Chris

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboDr
Ok update: I received my 9007 HI / LO kit today.. woo ... go to install it and ta da... I received a bad bulb. One works, the other will work on lo beam, but will not rotate to high beam.. you can hear it "try" to.. but it doesnt function correctly.. So I give em a call for support... seems they wanted to close early today.. how nice. I must say I post on a lot of forums and heard a lot of great things.. but this is insane.. I will never make a purchase from here again. At least if they were working with me and understood why I was upset.. but everyone I talk to has no idea of my problems, nothing is noted on the account, and they just play the "idk who you talked to card." I have started writing down names now.. and will be asking for supervisor on Monday... DDM = /failboat.

And other update: Still havent received my harness for the bike kit.. I just put the bike back together and been riding..

dude thats some bull****, youve got some patience man i would have already called to talk with supervisors and gotten pretty heated, thats some crappy customer service...have they even offered you anything for your wait and trouble like a discount or anything? that would have been a nice thing to do.. i would have told them to eff off and to give me my money back by now lol...they must not care about their customers and it sounds like youre not the only person that has had problems with them.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:11 PM

No - they havent offered any discount, but I havent lost my cool with anyone Ive talked to.. up until now, I really just wanted to get my kits in and be done with it.. but Monday I will give them a call and go directly to supervisor... even if I dont get a discount or whatever.. I want someone, him/her to know my experience and know that I have posted it on multiple high traffic sites.. so if they have some magic way to make me happy customer now would be the time to do it.. haha..

Quick Reply: DDM TUNING review.