Cylinder 7 missfire. - Page 3 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans



Cylinder 7 missfire.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
2thousand5.4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 8,895
Thanked 93 Times in 90 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob.P93 View Post
Yes I did it's inevitable in the construction industry to make enemies. And yes it was the gas filler neck. And I am dropping the tank today cleaning it out really good changing fuel filter and see how she runs then. I jut hope I don't have to pull fuel rail to get whatever's in 7 out! I'm hoping new fuel and some cleaner with push it through.
Wouldn't be a bad idea to pull all the plugs and injectors then crank the engine to blow out any possible crap in there.
2thousand5.4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Belle Plaine, MN
Posts: 164
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

I dont think that's gonna do much other than a huge fuel mess....chances are the sugar has jammed up the fuel nozzle and its not spraying correctly....either not enough fuel a crappy spray pattern or it can't close all the way and is flooding the cylinder with fuel. May be looking at a new injector soon if that's the case too. First things first.

Since gonna drop the tank pick up a fuel sock/strainer for the bottom of the fuel pump. If the age is unknown its a good lil bit of preventive maintainance. Do NOT reuse any of the fuel from the tank. Its all crap now and only good for starting bonfires. Or dump a lil more sugar in it mix it well and dump it into your new found "friends" truck and return the favor. That's probably what i would do, but I'm sick like that lol.

Last edited by BellePlaineScrew; 09-11-2013 at 02:01 PM.
BellePlaineScrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #23
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Jacob.P93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 5,842
Thanked 82 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellePlaineScrew View Post
I dont think that's gonna do much other than a huge fuel mess....chances are the sugar has jammed up the fuel nozzle and its not spraying correctly....either not enough fuel a crappy spray pattern or it can't close all the way and is flooding the cylinder with fuel. May be looking at a new injector soon if that's the case too. First things first.

Since gonna drop the tank pick up a fuel sock/strainer for the bottom of the fuel pump. If the age is unknown its a good lil bit of preventive maintainance. Do NOT reuse any of the fuel from the tank. Its all crap now and only good for starting bonfires. Or dump a lil more sugar in it mix it well and dump it into your new found "friends" truck and return the favor. That's probably what i would do, but I'm sick like that lol.
Ok I will do that and no I'm just gonna let him know that I found it and that it didnt do anything but clog the filter to make it sound like it was nothing. Lol so a strainer when I pull the pump anything else?
Jacob.P93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Belle Plaine, MN
Posts: 164
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Not that i can really think of. Fresh fuel two big bottles of techron and a strainer should be pretty good from there.
BellePlaineScrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #25
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Jacob.P93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 5,842
Thanked 82 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellePlaineScrew View Post
Not that i can really think of. Fresh fuel two big bottles of techron and a strainer should be pretty good from there.
Awesome thank you very much for the help.
Jacob.P93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
2thousand5.4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 8,895
Thanked 93 Times in 90 Posts
Default

Return the favor to the guy, but with bleach or or something like that. Then put big zip ties on his drive shaft so there is a loud banning sound when the truck moves.
2thousand5.4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Belle Plaine, MN
Posts: 164
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

The zip ties would be kinda funny lol......

If after a lil bit with this other stuff done, we will start investigating the injector and go from there. Good luck sir!
BellePlaineScrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #28
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Jacob.P93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 5,842
Thanked 82 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellePlaineScrew View Post
The zip ties would be kinda funny lol......

If after a lil bit with this other stuff done, we will start investigating the injector and go from there. Good luck sir!
Haha yeah that would be good 5.4 . And will do man I will get back with you guys as soon as I get the new strainer filter and some fresh fuel with cleaner in her and let her run.
Jacob.P93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:12 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
2thousand5.4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 8,895
Thanked 93 Times in 90 Posts
Default

Don't forget to Do this to him to....paybacks a b**ch
Attached Images
 

Last edited by 2thousand5.4; 09-13-2013 at 02:30 AM.
2thousand5.4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Belle Plaine, MN
Posts: 164
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Haha!! That's hilarious! Lmao
BellePlaineScrew is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Antifreeze Water or coolant disappears help allbee1 1997 - 2003 Ford F150 22 10-20-2015 12:46 AM
The Swamp Donkey JaxinKane 1987 - 1996 F150 9 10-08-2015 12:03 AM
1996 Need help figuring out a part, etc. Thomas Burdick Suspension & Brakes 9 10-07-2015 11:39 PM
Rusty spark plugs are out but... Leolo007 1987 - 1996 F150 5 09-28-2015 12:36 AM
Married to a 98 F150 5.4L with a bad heart.... 98 F150 Lady 1997 - 2003 Ford F150 5 09-25-2015 05:56 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:51 AM.


Copyright 2006 - 2016 F150Forum.com