Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Cracked heads?

Old 11-25-2015, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked heads?

I bought an 98 f150 recently. I drove it today and the heat kicked off so I pulled over and the radiator hose was solid. Tried driving it straight home and it sprayed coolant from the recovery tank and started over heating. I shut it off and waited and it eventually went down. Got home and checked the coolant which is now muddy colored and smells like fuel. Very low oil. Few days ago it was at a good level. So I'm thinking cracked head or blown gaskets. Anything else it could possibly be?
Old 11-25-2015, 11:36 PM

Received 1,353 Likes on 1,070 Posts

Originally Posted by Rgreen527
I bought an 98 f150 recently. I drove it today and the heat kicked off so I pulled over and the radiator hose was solid. Tried driving it straight home and it sprayed coolant from the recovery tank and started over heating. I shut it off and waited and it eventually went down. Got home and checked the coolant which is now muddy colored and smells like fuel. Very low oil. Few days ago it was at a good level. So I'm thinking cracked head or blown gaskets. Anything else it could possibly be?
Get your head gaskets done. Go ahead and buy some pi heads and intake manifold if heads are cracked.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cracked heads?