Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Changing out the Carpet, going Brown/saddle

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 09:22 AM

Received 426 Likes on 323 Posts

Default Changing out the Carpet, going Brown/saddle

I've decided to replace my carpet and I've often thought about going darker but not Black. I'll also be changing the headliner to match.

Has anyone here changed the color of their carpets with new non-factory colors? What pile/cut did you get?

I like the Beige and Tan but it's all worn a bit and it'll be a nice refresh. I hope to tackle the seats this summer as well. I'll try to find King Ranch seats but may have mine recovered.

I just ordered some Vinyl, carpet & headliner samples from Automotive Carpets out of Mass. and I'll compare them to whatever else I can find and update with pictures.

Just an Old picture.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:50 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm sure it would look nice.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your truck looks so good. I want to get rid of mine, then see yours and think damn!
Old 04-19-2016, 11:12 AM

Received 399 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolvee
I've decided to replace my carpet and I've often thought about going darker but not Black. I'll also be changing the headliner to match. Has anyone here changed the color of their carpets with new non-factory colors? What pile/cut did you get? I like the Beige and Tan but it's all worn a bit and it'll be a nice refresh. I hope to tackle the seats this summer as well. I'll try to find King Ranch seats but may have mine recovered. I just ordered some Vinyl, carpet & headliner samples from Automotive Carpets out of Mass. and I'll compare them to whatever else I can find and update with pictures. Just an Old picture.
my buddy did it, overall it looked okay the only thing we didn't like was the fact that it wasn't as molded as we would have liked. We ended up using 444 adhesive spray and spraying it to the dynamat on the floor.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:27 PM

Received 1,354 Likes on 1,071 Posts

I'm pretty sure carcrazy is in the process of doing his just those colors right now
Old 04-19-2016, 02:04 PM

Received 426 Likes on 323 Posts

I seen that he was doing some painting but didn't know he was changing the carpet and headliner. maybe I'll wait till he's done, lol.

I'll more than likely keep all the tan/beige pastics in the truck since I don't have a good track record with interior paint, lol. I figured the two tone with the lighter plastics and the darker carpet, seats and headliner would still look ok.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:12 PM

Received 1,354 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolvee
I seen that he was doing some painting but didn't know he was changing the carpet and headliner. maybe I'll wait till he's done, lol.

I'll more than likely keep all the tan/beige pastics in the truck since I don't have a good track record with interior paint, lol. I figured the two tone with the lighter plastics and the darker carpet, seats and headliner would still look ok.
I think that would look really good.

Quick Reply: Changing out the Carpet, going Brown/saddle