Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Ceramic Pads and high end rotors

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ceramic Pads and high end rotors

I went with new Ceramic pads and the top end rotors to try and eliminate the constant warping and wearing of th elow end pads and rotors. Anyone had any success with the ceramic pads. I am a virgin when it comes to these puppies.

JW
Old 06-01-2007, 01:25 PM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

What brands? I switched mine with a set of cross drilled,slotted rotors made by G-Force Brakes. The first pads I tried was a set of Possi-Quiets (Semi-Metallic pads). Still having the brake dust issue, 3k miles later I went with a full set of NAPA Gold Series pads. The rotors warped soon after. So I had them turned, no problem with brake dust or warping since.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

might be a little off subject but has anybody got a diagram for a serpentine belt path for a 1998 f-150 5.4 L with a/c? Also might as well throw in another question since I'm new. Has anybody got more than 100,000 mi. before a tune-up and is a "tune - up just plugs?
Old 10-24-2010, 12:01 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

The Napa Adaptive Ones are very awesome. I am very picky when it comes to brakes, and would only run Wagner Thermo Quiet. I made the right choice with the Napa Adaptive ones. Aftermarket rotors are just rotors. Get something with a warranty. I recommend replacing the bearings when you do your brakes.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:27 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by genemachine
might be a little off subject but has anybody got a diagram for a serpentine belt path for a 1998 f-150 5.4 L with a/c? Also might as well throw in another question since I'm new. Has anybody got more than 100,000 mi. before a tune-up and is a "tune - up just plugs?
Umm the diagram is pretty simple, and I believe its located above the radiator on the black plastic next to a bunch of other information and labels. If it's missing then simply just route the belt over the alternator, below the idler, around the A/C Compressor Pulley, over the tensioner pulley, under the crankshaft, around the water pump, and finally around the PS pulley (Power steering). Remember tighten up on the tensioner, after you have gotten the belt properly routed, and you will find it snaps right into place. Make sure you have the right belt size (non-ac/with ac) otherwise you won't be very happy with the results. Also the 4.6L, and 5.4L have the same belt routing if I'm correct, so if you have a buddy that has an F-150 you can use his belt diagram.

Also a correct tune up in my opinion consists of:
Spark Plug and Wires
Compression Test
Power Balance Test (optional)
All Fluids and Filters (Unless changed shortly prior to 100k tune up)
Check the fuel/oil pump
Check brake rotors/pads/shoes/springs (full brake inspection)
Replace distributor caps if necessary (test before you replace)
Examine your Harmonic Balancer, and all pulleys when routing your new belt

This is just my personal opinion on a 100k tune up, but I'm sure there is much more to check and if you have one consult your maintenance guide for your vehicle. It should help give you a good idea of what needs to be done. Also just look at everything, and inspect it. If something doesn't seem, look, or feel right then get it inspected by a professional.

Quick Reply: Ceramic Pads and high end rotors