Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Center dash squeak/rattle/creak

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 09:39 PM
Title

Received 497 Likes on 414 Posts

Default Center dash squeak/rattle/creak

Serious question.

Who has found or fixed the dash squeak/creak in these things? I've heard it in multiple trucks of our gen. It appears to be in the center of the dash near the firewall. If I push the dash forward at the top or pull at the buttom center, just above that black vent/kick panel it stops.

It's not rubbing on the windshield and not something stupid like the cup holder or glove box, believe me I've opened, slammed, pushed against everything. Maybe where the dash hangs on the firewall? Not sure?

I've noticed it since I bought my truck and it's gradually gotten worse. I'm about ready to sell it because of this stupid noise. Used to happen on bumpy roads but now it's anytime I'm not on a super smooth road. Got worse when I went from P to LT rated tires.

Driving me nuts. The top dash bolts don't make a difference. This weekend I'm going to wedge a 2x4 under the lower part if I can. Heck, I'll sprayfoam the underside or tear it all the way apart if I have to. I've had vehicles in the past where I've stripped all plastic and dynomatted and shoved old t-shirts/rags behind panels to stop noises, it's an extreme annoyance of mine.

Last edited by Tackle; 09-24-2015 at 09:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Center dash squeak/rattle/creak