Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Can someone please show me a picture of a canister vent solenoid?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone please show me a picture of a canister vent solenoid?

I am pretty sure I pulled of my canister vent solenoid last night on my 99 5.4 but no shop can match it up? They all try to sell me the one that is in the engine compartment. Mine was right infront of the spare tire connected to a black box looking thing (the canister) and shaped like a T. The long part of the T had a 2 wire connector on it and the short parts of the T had the vacuum (gas lines) going to it. The long part has a metal cylinder thats all rusted, I am assuming this is the solenoid. I am trying to get a picture on here but having trouble with my phone. Can anyone post a pic of theirs and I will work on getting a pic of mine. I need to fix my P1451 code so I can get my truck legal! Thanks!
Old 10-02-2010, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Crabber
I am pretty sure I pulled of my canister vent solenoid last night on my 99 5.4 but no shop can match it up? They all try to sell me the one that is in the engine compartment. Mine was right infront of the spare tire connected to a black box looking thing (the canister) and shaped like a T. The long part of the T had a 2 wire connector on it and the short parts of the T had the vacuum (gas lines) going to it. The long part has a metal cylinder thats all rusted, I am assuming this is the solenoid. I am trying to get a picture on here but having trouble with my phone. Can anyone post a pic of theirs and I will work on getting a pic of mine. I need to fix my P1451 code so I can get my truck legal! Thanks!
Did you try Advance Auto, or Auto Zone for part pics?
Old 10-02-2010, 05:25 PM

I tried autozone, they couldn't get it. I am hoping to try to get a local parts service I used when I was a mechanic. Here is the pic

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...002_164726.jpg
Old 10-02-2010, 09:48 PM

So is my picture it?
Old 10-02-2010, 10:07 PM
NOM NOM NOM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Read this post before you buy anything. Check the wires first.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/57...ol-system.html
Old 10-04-2010, 06:29 AM

I checked all the wires and there intact. I have no means of testing them of the solenoid. My solenoid is extremely beat up and rusted out. I just want to make sure my picture is it because no one can find it for me. They all have the engine compartment solenoid, not the one by the tank.

So can anyone identify my picture as the right solenoid? Thanks.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:29 AM

I pretty much identified it to be right but here's my BIGGEST problem!!! I can't find the parry Anywhere! I've look on a dozen part sites and half dozen local auto parts and no one has this part, can get it or even know what it is! Can someone please help me find it! Everyone tries to sell me the canister purge solenoid that's in the engine compartment. I need the canister vent solenoid that's back by the spare tire (looks just like the linked picture I posted). If someone could find a place, it would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!
Old 10-04-2010, 11:23 AM

Well I have another part on order, hopefully its the right one and will fix my P1451 code.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Crabber
Well I have another part on order, hopefully its the right one and will fix my P1451 code.
I couldnt find the part in your picture either, searched every site I knew. here is a link you might want to read for the P1451 code,
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/57...ol-system.html
Old 10-04-2010, 03:58 PM

I read that before and thought it was my wires but there intact. Thanks though. Hopefully I'll have it fixed tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Can someone please show me a picture of a canister vent solenoid?