Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Buzzing kills

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buzzing kills

I have a 00 f150 5.4 xlt.
When it rains the relay in the num1 spot under dash buzzes. But it only buzzes when the doors are shut. And does not stop when the truck is started. Also something under the hood clicks under the fuse box area.it's so random that I've had trouble locating it. I am forced to unhook my battery every Time it rains. This problem has already cost me 2 batteries due to being drained dead too many times.any ideas or past fixes dealings with similar problems would be most appreciated.

Last edited by Robert Ruffin; 09-07-2015 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:27 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Robert,
I would bet you are having a wet GEM problem since it only occurs when it rains. Check for leaks above the module.

This little "GEM" is attached to the back of the interior fuse panel, under the dash.

These trucks are known to have leaky windshields (and rear windows.) The water runs down behind the dash and enters the GEM, causing allot of problems like this.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:56 PM

Received 176 Likes on 139 Posts
Default Buzzing kills

Originally Posted by re54drider
Robert,
I would bet you are having a wet GEM problem since it only occurs when it rains. Check for leaks above the module.

This little "GEM" is attached to the back of the interior fuse panel, under the dash.

These trucks are known to have leaky windshields (and rear windows.) The water runs down behind the dash and enters the GEM, causing allot of problems like this.
Ehhh not true about "known" for leaky windshields. Improper installed windshields are usually the corporate.

Quick Reply: Buzzing kills