Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Body damage

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body damage

Alright about a year ago my truck got raped by a pole, and now its time to get it fixed im sick of looking at it. Anyone on here good with Collision(sp?) repair? I already have a rocker for it, but after shopping around i found it that it is not gonna be cheap to fix, unless i take the truck down south.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Pimp

A guy I work with just did some damage that looks really close to what you show. He dragged the side off the truck across a bumper and it just took out everything that it touched. He did not damage the rocker though. The body shop he used replaced both doors and the side of the bed and then blended the paint to match the rest of the truck. The total bill came to about $2000. I have replaced my own third door due too rust and that only cost me $150 from a scrap yard, but it took awhile too find a paint match.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:14 PM
OVERTHINKER

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

You mean take it to Mexico to get it fixed? Here's a idea, find a local high school or better a college in your area that offers collision classes and they only charge for parts and materials.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by torkum
You mean take it to Mexico to get it fixed? Here's a idea, find a local high school or better a college in your area that offers collision classes and they only charge for parts and materials.
can i trust that though?
Old 12-22-2008, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mr B
A guy I work with just did some damage that looks really close to what you show. He dragged the side off the truck across a bumper and it just took out everything that it touched. He did not damage the rocker though. The body shop he used replaced both doors and the side of the bed and then blended the paint to match the rest of the truck. The total bill came to about $2000. I have replaced my own third door due too rust and that only cost me $150 from a scrap yard, but it took awhile too find a paint match.
well the only part i cant fix is the rocker, i can pick up a door and put it on easy, swapping the window is a pain the *** but it is doable.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Pimp

The window is not that bad to swap. Just make sure to get a new gasket or you will end up with a nice leak that will eventually rot the bottom of the door out. I agree with your assessment about the rocker, but Torkum may be on to something with his suggestion. If you can find a local high school to tackle the hard part, then you will be able to do the easy stuff yourself. Good luck

Quick Reply: Body damage