Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Blower motor stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower motor stopped working

I have a 2000 Lightning that I bought a couple months ago. From almost day one the climate control was intermittent. Sometimes it would work as it should (1-4) to the point that it eventually stopped working all together.

When you change from floor/panel, defrost, A/C, ect….you can hear the vents opening and closing as they should but the fan isn’t coming on.

I’ve checked the two fuses, visually, that are linked to this function and they both looked fine. Then I checked the power going into the motor with a volt meter and it’s not getting anything.

Any ideas on where to look next? I really want to avoid throwing parts at this if a all possible.

Thanks in advance
Old 12-22-2009, 12:11 AM
Hokie

i have the same problem, only speeds 3 and 4 work which is loud and obnoxious, i heard all you have to do is replace a resistor somewhere, i have no clue where though or how to get to it
Old 12-22-2009, 08:07 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

With the intermittent blower operation, if the operation is still intermittent at best, am thinking poor connection at selector switch or possible blower relay.

With *****, the resistor is mounted to the AC/Heater plenium chamber under the inst. panel. I can just see mine behind the glove box while viewing upward from the floor, wires are visible and need to follow them upward to the resistor. Two screws and connector.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:30 AM

Update.

I put 12v straight to the blower and got nothing. So Im guessing the blower motor is bad?

Quick Reply: Blower motor stopped working