Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

blower motor/heat

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blower motor/heat

I have a 97 f150 5.4 motor. I replaced the resistor I checked the relay under the dash above (to the right) the gas pedal, I checked for ground coming from the plug to the resistor ( i know these go bad sometimes, I had ground ) I also wired the blower motor to the batt and it worked fine. I tested the blower motor switch on my panel, that works fine. I checked all fuses a dozen times.. I'm stuck, any help would be extremely appreciated. I do have a multimeter; how I know the switch and new resistor are working correctly. Thanks in advance, this is getting on my last nerve ..
P.s. I have no speed hi/lo..blower motor does not come on.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:00 PM

Received 143 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by totarella
I have a 97 f150 5.4 motor. I replaced the resistor I checked the relay under the dash above (to the right) the gas pedal, I checked for ground coming from the plug to the resistor ( i know these go bad sometimes, I had ground ) I also wired the blower motor to the batt and it worked fine. I tested the blower motor switch on my panel, that works fine. I checked all fuses a dozen times.. I'm stuck, any help would be extremely appreciated. I do have a multimeter; how I know the switch and new resistor are working correctly. Thanks in advance, this is getting on my last nerve ..
P.s. I have no speed hi/lo..blower motor does not come on.
Are you getting 12v to the motor?
Old 10-30-2015, 06:23 AM

The way the motor harness spreads into several different routes I can't tell unless everything was turned on. I can check? the key would have to be on, blower switch open (i forget what level) and the resistor would have to be getting correct power in order for the blower to right? I'll try to check later today. I re-grounded my grounds that are behind the cowl panel (r&l sides) that did nothing for me.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by jstockert
Are you getting 12v to the motor?
No power to the blower motor, checked switches not getting power either. Pulled flasher/blower relay, it is getting power. I'm stuck
Old 10-30-2015, 08:35 PM

Received 143 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by totarella
No power to the blower motor, checked switches not getting power either. Pulled flasher/blower relay, it is getting power. I'm stuck
Did you check the #5 fuse 15 amp
The following users liked this post:
totarella (10-31-2015)
Old 10-31-2015, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by jstockert
Did you check the #5 fuse 15 amp
Not yet, I checked 24/25 I think, it was a 10 amp that runs the switches I thought. I found I have no power to the switch, after running new from battery, blower came on perfectly. I have to go re-route and hide everything now.

Quick Reply: blower motor/heat