Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Blower Motor?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower Motor?

I have no function on the blower. No matter what setting the fan switch is on, there is nothing coming out of any vents. My guess is the blower motor. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help. Great site you have here.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:47 PM

Received 212 Likes on 192 Posts

Could be the blower motor. Could also be a blown fuse, a failed blower speed switch, a problem with the blower motor resistor, a grounding issue, or a wiring problem in between.

Suggest to start with the easy stuff - fuse good, look for voltage present at blower motor terminal, and the grounding is good. If the fuse is good and you're sure the motor is grounded, but no voltage at the blower - then just have to start going down the line to find out where you lose voltage.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:17 PM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If you have a seized, or hard turning motor, which not very likely, you can many times put them back into working order by getting oil into the bearings. They are sealed and are designed run for many, many years. To get fresh oil into the felt washers that hold it get a fine drill and drill little holes on the up side, so the oil stays in front and back where these felts are located, be very careful not to drill into the bearing. with done you can infuse oil in the hole you have drilled move the motor shaft till it smooths out and you have it. When you are done seal the hole with seals All or something similar and you are done.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check the resistor, usually located under the glove box mounted high up. If top wries go, u lose the high fan settings, low wires, low settings, both wires..you get the idea. Just replaced mine, at a cost of about 18.00 and about 20 mins work.

Quick Reply: Blower Motor?