Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

blocks vs. keys vs. coil spring spacers

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blocks vs. keys vs. coil spring spacers

School me. I am trying to figure out the plus/minus of each.

Are keys any better on wear and tear then cranking up you torsion bars?

Are coil spring spacers safe?

What is the plus/minus of a body lift kit and what all is included? I understand the gap, that doesn't bother me.

Thanks guys!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What year is your truck.. if its a 97-03 it has torsion bars in the front and leaf springs in the rear. no coil springs

Torsion keys re index the torsion bars.. giving it a new starting point. it puts more stress on the bars but if not cranked to extreme amounts works very well. more firm than factory ride.

Coil Spacers are great and about the easiest way to lift the front end of a newer Ford. still feel like a factory ride. Great!

Body lifts are good for some people that don't want to alter the factory ride quality in any way. But are not great if you ever offroad your vehicle. increases body flex and twisting. your bumpers will remain in the factory location giving you a very unsightly finish. its worth buying bumper relocate kits and gap fillers that cover the 2-3 inch gap between the body and frame.

I'm a fan of suspension lifts because of the increased capacity of the truck. Body lifts are great for people that don't offroad and want the look only. no need for alignment after the lift is installed.

Hope this helps

Quick Reply: blocks vs. keys vs. coil spring spacers