Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Best Drop Shock?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Drop Shock?

Ok, so after doing a search I couldn't really find my answer. I have a 2003
Supercrew and I have a Belltech 3-4 drop on it. It's time for new shocks and I cant decide between the Ground Force drop shocks or the new Belltech street performance drop shocks. Has anyone had better luck with one or the other? Is there something better?
Old 03-24-2009, 11:45 AM
Ask about my Zombie plan

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I recently installed the Belltech Nitro 2's on my 2002. I had Toxic Shocks and honestly wasn't ever happy with them.

So far after 2500 miles, I've been very pleased with the Belltechs. I knew I didn't like the Toxics after the first 1000 miles I had them.

I've got a DJM 3/4 drop, so you should be ok. For what it's worth, I haven't read any good reviews on the Belltech's street shocks. That's why I sorta overlooked them.

Good luck on whatever choice you make.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by xtrmavngr
Ok, so after doing a search I couldn't really find my answer. I have a 2003
Supercrew and I have a Belltech 3-4 drop on it. It's time for new bmw shock and I cant decide between the Ground Force drop shocks or the new Belltech street performance drop shocks. Has anyone had better luck with one or the other? Is there something better?
Hey there man, what's up? Any updates on the Beltech? I am also trying to find one & maybe install it on Sunday.

Last edited by zacknolden; 06-15-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:48 PM

I haven't used any of the Belltech shocks, but have used the Edelbrock IAS shocks with good results. I just picked up a full set on sale direct from Edelbrock for $120 on closeout. They come in lowered applications for some Fords too.
http://store.edelbrock.com/truckandsuvapplications.aspx

I'd also be interested to hear what people think of the Belltech Nitro Drops for future reference.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure I understand why you need drop shocks, the stock shocks should be fine, considering there is no force upon the shock just hydraulics moving back and forth. Just cause there lower shouldn't mean they still can't do the same work they were doing, just not as much travel.

Quick Reply: Best Drop Shock?