Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 1997 - 2003 Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read StoreVendor Directory

Welcome to F150 Forum!
Welcome to F150 Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 02-07-2010, 04:17 AM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default bad pcm??

i have a 2000 f150 and i started having problems with everything... while normal driving engine suddenly shuts down and the odometer dashes out, but the weird thing it starts right up with no hesitation, also while driving at about 50-60mph the rpms suddenly drop to 0 and the transmission goes into third gear for a few seconds then goes back to 4th, and today while driving all the gauges except for the oil pressure dropped and the odometer dashed out but the truck kept running.... the only codes i get is p01131 and p01151 but i know that does not have to do with these events... does anyone have any clue what might be wrong, i just want to get it running right to hit the track again...

Last edited by 6.0dis; 02-07-2010 at 04:22 AM.
6.0dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:07 AM   #2
OVERTHINKER
5 Year Member

Do a search on info about failing instrument cluster. Also have the battery and alternator checked for there performance. The one thing that is very rare on our trucks is a melt down of the PCM.

torkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0dis View Post
i have a 2000 f150 and i started having problems with everything... while normal driving engine suddenly shuts down and the odometer dashes out, but the weird thing it starts right up with no hesitation, also while driving at about 50-60mph the rpms suddenly drop to 0 and the transmission goes into third gear for a few seconds then goes back to 4th, and today while driving all the gauges except for the oil pressure dropped and the odometer dashed out but the truck kept running.... the only codes i get is p01131 and p01151 but i know that does not have to do with these events... does anyone have any clue what might be wrong, i just want to get it running right to hit the track again...
I am having the same problem with my 2000 f150 also
lanham_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
FLARESIDE MAN !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0dis View Post
Yes I also agree the cluster is cause if the cluster goes out it will cause the the torque convertor to unlock (od) to shift along with other drivability issues not charging,stalling,
the codes you got were for (o2sensors)lean caused by possibly a vaccum leak not sure what engine you have..
hope this helps
seniorFORDtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:38 PM   #5

well ran a live data and it showed that driver side front 02 sensor was dead, no voltage whatsoever, installed new 02's and still no voltage, ohmed out the signal wire and it was good, so im coming to the conclusion that the computer has gone bad because everything seems to be going bad, the gauges go crazy, theft light comes on, odometer blanks out, so i just ordered a new pcm hope the problem goes away or im going to be in trouble....
Old 02-11-2010, 06:39 PM   #6

there is a thread how to repair for a dashing out odometer. The Cluster has to be pulled apart and the solder joint is cracked.

Rob
Old 02-12-2010, 09:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit-By-Thunder View Post
there is a thread how to repair for a dashing out odometer. The Cluster has to be pulled apart and the solder joint is cracked.

Rob
should get the pcm today, if it doesnt work ill definitely try that soldering on the dash, thanks
Old 02-12-2010, 09:32 AM