Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Anyone running an onboard air? If so where is it located.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 06:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone running an onboard air? If so where is it located.

I want to install air over the summer for some loud @$$ horns. Was wondering what my other options are for mounting the tank other than in the cab or in the bed. (Don't want to do either)

I was considering running a gallon tank and hang it from the cross member behind the grille, with some reinforcing brackets. And then mount the compressor up top and to the side. Would this affect radiator flow?

I don't know where else I could go, short of dropping the spare tire and running it there (again don't want to do) There is a cross member under the truck but i'm afraid that's too dirty of an area for a compressor.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

idk much about this but allot of ppl that i kno that have mini trucks on airbags have all their components under their trucks
Old 04-07-2010, 11:25 PM

I'm in process of installing rear air suspension, I just put in the compressor in behind the pass headlight and the ww reservoir!
Old 04-08-2010, 06:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's where I figured i'd put the compressor and than put the tank upside down on the cross member behind the grille.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Big. D
I want to install air over the summer for some loud @$$ horns. Was wondering what my other options are for mounting the tank other than in the cab or in the bed. (Don't want to do either)

I was considering running a gallon tank and hang it from the cross member behind the grille, with some reinforcing brackets. And then mount the compressor up top and to the side. Would this affect radiator flow?

I don't know where else I could go, short of dropping the spare tire and running it there (again don't want to do) There is a cross member under the truck but i'm afraid that's too dirty of an area for a compressor.
I mounted mine on my other truck (same body style) between the grill and the radiator it fits pretty well if you turn it a little. Over all it was the best choice of location for that size pump.

Quick Reply: Anyone running an onboard air? If so where is it located.