Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

any Air Con or Eatc questions??

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default any Air Con or Eatc questions??

My truck would only blow on defrost , so I did like they articles on here all say and traced the vacuum lines back to eatc and fixed all of them..

So I pull my EATC , the EATC will not open the door to let it blow out the vents or anything else.. only defrost..

if I jumper the vacum lines all works... Vent, Max , floor defrost all come from the proper openings..

but all functions work visual wise on the eatc, just somehow lose the vacum that opens the door..

EATC self test shows 12 and 49 which is blend door short or failure..

I might add the A/C is not kicking on as well but i wanted to fix the blowing out defroster first..

Is the Blend door the same as the blow out vent door? or is there a door i am missing?

should I replace the head as it seems to be the missing link?
Old 08-24-2009, 05:00 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Blend door mixes the air for temperature control. If vaccuum is present at EATC then the control is not switching the flow. Remember its spring loaded to defroster with no vaccuum.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Good old Bill
Blend door mixes the air for temperature control. If vaccuum is present at EATC then the control is not switching the flow. Remember its spring loaded to defroster with no vacuum.

ok evidently that's a different door then, where is the blend door in 2003?? i noticed the heat is not getting much more than fairly hot on a 80 degree day maybe that blend door is stuck huh?

as far as the EATC, just wanted to make sure with a opinion from you guys, the truck grew up in Kansas and everything has a thin layer of dust so i took it apart and cleaned it real good and it worked a couple times as far as switching between defrost/floor and vents but then it quit again.. i suppose i will get one ordered..

i appreciate the help Bill and if you know where that blend door is I will send you a Christmas card haha!
Old 08-24-2009, 11:06 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Just looked at my 02 and can't see a blasted thing. The AC heater plenium chambers that I have removed previously the temp blend door is right next to the heater core to control the flow of air across it. Unfortunately there are to many covers for a good visual inspection.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:55 AM

unfortunately i found it

the first place i found it had the whole dash torn out, and i was a little apprehensive on doing that myself , but the videos below was much more my style of hack and slash

this video seems pretty cut and dried and within my patience levels

http://www.heatertreater.net/F150%20video.html
Old 08-24-2009, 01:26 PM

Ok Bill my door worked fine,obviously i have eatc head probs..

scratch that, i found it and got compressor to kick, was pressure switch on top of accumulator

just need to get it charged now..

Last edited by Skunkcontrol; 08-24-2009 at 02:38 PM.

Quick Reply: any Air Con or Eatc questions??