Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Another Problem!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 12:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Another Problem!!!!!

So I have a aftermarket alarm w/ keyless entry that was already on the truck when I got it 3yrs ago, so last night I hit the alarm and it disarmed the truck and the doors unlocked as normal! I started it up and drove off then tried to lock the doors as I always do but for some reason the doors would not lock!!!! I stopped for gas and hit the alarm to arm it but the doors would not lock! I have to use the key now to lock and unlock the doors!! Has anyone had this happen to them and any ideas what could be the problem and a easy cheap fix???
Old 11-20-2010, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stupid question; How long has it been since you changed the battery in the remote?
Old 11-20-2010, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by ryankikta
Stupid question; How long has it been since you changed the battery in the remote?
LOL!!!! If you're refering to the remote in the alarm transmitter, it arms and disarms the alarm w/o any problems so I know the battery is good and I got a brand new truck battery about 3 weeks ago! But that did cross my mind!!
Old 11-20-2010, 01:15 PM

I was referring to the remote battery. Just because one function works doesn't mean that the others will. The circuits very often have different minimum voltage requirements to preform different functions.

The typical expected battery life of a key fob battery is about two years. It's a cheap easy thing to try before you get into any involved trouble shooting.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:19 PM

I was referring to the remote battery. Just because one function works doesn't mean that the others will. The circuits very often have different minimum voltage requirements to preform different functions.

The typical expected battery life of a key fob battery is about two years. It's a cheap easy thing to try before you get into any involved trouble shooting.
You are right but, when I hit the lock/unlock button in the truck nothing happens!!! It doesnt lock or unlock! I have to use the key to unlock and manually push the unlock down to lock the truck!!!
Old 11-20-2010, 01:29 PM

Ok.

If you have two auto lock buttons (driver & passenger) verify the other button is also inoperative.

Check fuse # 3 under the hood
Old 11-22-2010, 05:13 PM

Ok.

If you have two auto lock buttons (driver & passenger) verify the other button is also inoperative.

Check fuse # 3 under the hood
Thanks for all the help. I haven't had time to check the fuse yet but is the #3 fuse used ONLY for the door locks and if not why I haven't noticed anything else go wrong (other than the side mirror switch but thats another topic)???
Old 10-14-2012, 04:39 PM

I have one for you...my battery is dead and the key locks do not work...what do i do now????

Dino41 sends

Quick Reply: Another Problem!!!!!