Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

airbag code 52 on my 98

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default airbag code 52 on my 98

i have an airbag code 52 that is flashing on my dash and i am wondering if anyone has any input on what it may be

i have a 98 xlt 4.6 v8 approx 250k still runs great have had some electrical problems on it in the past though

i think this code has come up in the past but i cant remember what it is

and the thing always acts up when it rains

ps. if your answer is to get a new truck please keep your thoughts to yourself haha i am a bit attached to the truck it has been great to me

thanks a lot for any input

patrick
Old 04-28-2012, 05:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dec 2011 First got the airbag light and code 5-2. Then my batt would drain and die overnight. Installed new battery -- same thing. Then the weird stuff started: dome light wouldn't turn off; headlights wouldn't turn off; engine surging or no acceleration; chirping sounds from inside dash; speedometer dropping to zero -- and none of these things were consistent. They occurred randomly. Only thing that was persistent was the airbag light and code.

In Jan 2012 did the AutoZone checks - came up normal. Took it to 2 different garages - they said $75/hr to run down the obvious "short to ground" problem (and that could be hours to days to do!!!).

In Feb I read on here about the windshield leaking problem that Ford refused to do a recall over. I took it to a window and glass place that mainly does auto window repair. Sure enough - my windshield showed definite signs of leaking once they had it off. They cleaned and resealed within a couple hours. ($85).

******** ALL ELECTRICAL AND ENGINE PROBLEMS DISAPPEARED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

246 Starter cycles later the AIRBAG LIGHT AND CODE WENT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So for $85 my 98 f150 runs perfect after 2+ months of frustration. And I saved hundreds of dollars from having a mechanic run down an electrical short that never existed! It was all due to moisture from a leaky windshield!

Quick Reply: airbag code 52 on my 98