Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

99 F-150 A/C only blowing cool, not cold, heat only warm. Blendor?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 02:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 F-150 A/C only blowing cool, not cold, heat only warm. Blendor?

Thanks for taking a look, I have been fighting with a a/c heater problem for a few weeks, searched all I could without much help.

A few weeks ago I was driving down the road when the ac got too cold so I turned the blendor to halfway, whenever I got warm and put it back to cold it never got cold. This was on a hot day. Whenever I was stopped it would blow cool / not cold air / and when I started to move it would blast hot air. Recently I tryed to diagnose the problem a little more, and found that when I switch it to hot, it was not getting hot, only warm. And I checked the door that controls inside or outside air, it seems to work fine.

I have had a shop check the hi and low sides for correct pressure of freon, and they said the pressures looked good, however it only blew about 85 degrees on max ac, outside temp was about 93 degrees.
I first took the blendor door servo drive motor off to check the swing on it and that the doors drive shaft is not broken or cracked. The servo has about 1/4 swing to it, was not sure if this is full swing or not, the shaft is not cracked. I was hoping for some good ideas before I take it to a shop, or try to take the blendor door out to give it a better look. Ive heard that takes almost a day to remove.
Hopefully someone else has seen this problem?
Old 10-01-2010, 12:26 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you have the motor off, try swinging the door with the air on to see if you can get the air cold. You should be able to manually swing it and feel the difference.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I wish.

No like a fool I put it all back together when I saw that it was not broken, and turning. But I plan on taking it back apart this week.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:58 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I read somewhere if vacuum leaks somewhere between the main reservoir and the selection **** (AC - Heat - Defrost), weird things can happen. Just another think to check.

Quick Reply: 99 F-150 A/C only blowing cool, not cold, heat only warm. Blendor?