Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

98 F-150 ABS Light and Airbag Diagnostic

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post 98 F-150 ABS Light and Airbag Diagnostic

I have a 1998 F-150 which had a bad alternator and lead to the early demise of my battery. The alternator would go to max charge (18+ volts) when the engine rev'd over 2500 rpm. Well, after jump starting the truck to move it out of my garage one day, something shorted out and killed the engine. With a jump it restarted but there were no body functions (windows, locks, turn signals) and the airbag light flashed a code 12 as well as the ABS lights stayed on. I checked fuses and there were 2 blown fuses which blew again immediately upon replacement. I found the Body Control Module (BCM) had failed. Upon replacing that the body functions all work again but I still have the Airbag and ABS issues. Does anyone know if the ABS system runs through the airbag diagnostic module? They seem to be linked according to the fuse panels. The fuse that blows still is the # 2 fuse under the hood. It is labelled as the Airbag Diagnostic Module (10A Mini Fuse). Help me out here guys! Sorry if this ran a little long... Thanks!

Quick Reply: 98 F-150 ABS Light and Airbag Diagnostic