Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

2003 XLT FX4 Door Handle w/ Key Pad

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2003 XLT FX4 Door Handle w/ Key Pad

I recently bought a 2003 XLT with the FX4 package and I would like to put a door handle that has a key pad on it. The last couple of F150's that I've had have had the key pad on them and it is now a must for me. While looking online I came across one that I think would work but I really would like to get it color-coded or at least primed to be color-coded as opposed to the chrome that I see advertised.

Below is the link of what I am talking about so if any of you have any ideas or suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.slickcar.com/productdetai...ProductID=7145
Ford F150 2001-2003 Chrome Door Handle Covers with Key Pad with Passenger Key Hole
Part #: 68108A2

Thanks.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cal2050
I recently bought a 2003 XLT with the FX4 package and I would like to put a door handle that has a key pad on it. The last couple of F150's that I've had have had the key pad on them and it is now a must for me. While looking online I came across one that I think would work but I really would like to get it color-coded or at least primed to be color-coded as opposed to the chrome that I see advertised.

Below is the link of what I am talking about so if any of you have any ideas or suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.slickcar.com/productdetai...ProductID=7145
Ford F150 2001-2003 Chrome Door Handle Covers with Key Pad with Passenger Key Hole
Part #: 68108A2

Thanks.
I ended up buying an aftermarket one from the local Ford dealer and a lesson to be learned, hopefully not the hard way by you..... Do not leave your keys in the truck with it running and plan on using your aftermarket key pad to open the doors... It will not unlock the doors with the key in the ignition like the Ford stock one does.

Prior to having my automatic start I would put my key in, start my truck, lock the door, and then come back out and unlock my truck with the keypad while the truck was running and the key was in the ignition..... The aftermarket set up will not work like this... Be careful!

Quick Reply: 2003 XLT FX4 Door Handle w/ Key Pad