Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

2002 FX4 SuperCrew custom exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Mr. J. Bauer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2002 FX4 SuperCrew custom exhaust system

Hey guys I wanna put a custom exhaust system on my 2002 SuperCrew but I don't want it to be really loud like my '97 is. Think of it as a custom cat-back system I would like to get. Would like to get a Flowmaster muffler but not sure what it would sound like. Like I said I don't want it really loud, I don't want to hear it in the cab. I am looking at a single inlet dual outlet style but all I can find is 3" inlet and 2 1/2" outlet is that the right size of the single pipe coming back from the cats? I'm not gonna cut off two cats either the other one is like that and that made it louder. Any suggestions on what type of muffler I should get? I know how I want the exhaust formed and everything. I don't want to buy a pre-formed kit because then I would have to remeove the spare tire and if you own of the the SuperCrew's you know how small the box is already. So any help if any kind would be great. Thanks guys.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:45 PM

I have a 2001 Supercrew, and I just put on a Corsa cat back, single out, side exit, dual tips. Quiet at cruise, but sounds nice when I put my foot in it. Quality goods.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:04 PM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

im all about borla exhaust!
Old 06-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by obusnizzle
im all about borla exhaust!
x2, Im planning on just a borla replacement muffler on my next truck.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Mr. J. Bauer

Now I can buy just the muffler its self? Looking for a single in and duel out.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

personally, I like the 50 series delta flow-flowmaster.

I run an exhaust shop in abluquerque, so I have a huge selection to choose from.
On my personal '02 with the 4.6, I put a single in, single out 3" utilizing the stock hangers, the sound is supurb. Nice deep sound at idle and wot. but cruising down the freeway you can hardly hear it inside the cab. but running next to it, it has a healthy refined sound. the more pipe you put on it the more in repairs you'll spend as the pipe wears out. something to consider. On dual out straight back the driver side pipe can wear out much faster than the passenger. with the extra bends up and over the axle water can trap in the pipe and start to rot. I always recommend the single/single to my customers-because the added cost doesn't justify the end results. Your not going to get any more performance out of a single/dual. This is strictly my opinion - every one is different.

I run a midas and have been doing custom work for almost 15 years.

good luck with your pipes.

Quick Reply: 2002 FX4 SuperCrew custom exhaust system