Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

2002 f150 help

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2002 f150 help

hello all i have a 2002 f150 w/ the 4.2l v6 w/ 5sp trans so far its all factory except for the k&n filter i put in it. I was hopeing you guys could answer a dew questions..
1. Should i worry about blowin my motor it has a few small wet spots but its not drippin yet but it has 120k miles, should i possibly get a over/under haul on it?
2. im thinking about gettin one of those cheap intakes off ebay, has any one had any exp. with them?
3. can any one tell me how many quarts of transfluid and what type it takes (i wanna go witht he royal purple) also differential case (how many quarts.
4. what all other upgrades should i put on her, i owe about 2k on her and tight on money at this time but i want to get the very most out of this little v6 as i can w/o having to get a v8. i eventually plan on exhaust possibly a turbo electric fan, and switching every thing to royal purple oil.. have i missed any thing?
Old 11-05-2010, 09:05 AM

1) where is the wet spots?
2)try the gotts mod http://www.fordf150.net/articles/idx...ification.html
3) look in your owners man. or ask the dealer (royal purple is very good just $pricey$)
4) As for other up grades i would hold off till you have more money and save for fixing it when it brakes or routine stuff like brakes tires and fluid changes (just saying)

you can always come back here for help and advice
Old 11-05-2010, 09:36 AM

there is wetness on the bottom side of the motor not 100% sure where its comin from, not sure how to explain it, almost seems like where cylander block meet the bottom half of motor, i think my rear main may be leakin it looks nice and we between there and my tranny bt i had a front main seal leak not sure if its left over from that or not, also wet on the valve cover passenger side, to lasy to take all that crap off to fix it.. im mainly worried about blowin the motor and tranny/clutch i have heard good things about the motor lasting a long time 200k plus miles but still worried i bought this truck used 2 years ago and want it to last cuz i hate shoppin for a car..

btw i love ur addy it my favorite plane.. a-10 thunderbolt II (warthog)
Old 11-06-2010, 10:00 AM

So will the gotts upgrade work just as well as a cold air intake. I can see it not takin in as much air as a cold air but I'm sure it will be better then the stock one. What kind of performance enhancement would I be lookin at.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:18 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

To the op.
Pics would help alot to see what your talking about, but it sounds fine 120X and a few spots. Yes it's not as fresh as it once was, so baby it alittle more.

Get you some e-fans, and I'd do the gotts mod before the cheap C.A.I on ebay

Originally Posted by sumsemperfi
So will the gotts upgrade work just as well as a cold air intake. I can see it not takin in as much air as a cold air but I'm sure it will be better then the stock one. What kind of performance enhancement would I be lookin at.

No it wont when you start to need more air(s/c t/c) is really where you'll see the difference, and you still won't breath as good on a N/A motor. Deffently better than stock (gotts). I've done it for friends, but I get a C.A.I when its needed

Quick Reply: 2002 f150 help