Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

2000 f150 glasspack

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 f150 glasspack

okay so im going to buy either a cherrybomb glasspack if i can get one (im in ontairo looked couldnt find anything) but i can a thrush glasspack! my friend said just cut the stock muffler off and we will weld it on! but i was wondering if i should run bigger pipe!? not sure whats on it right now but i was thinking 2 1/2"? and would it be better ro just run it out single out? or dual out?
Old 02-17-2013, 12:08 PM

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

I was gonna go with a magnaflow glasspack but I picked up a si/so 14" magnaflow and it's not very loud but it super deep and helped with power some. I got a buddy that's gonna delete the rear 2 cats. And it will sound super beast then. As for you I would leave it 2.5" the bigger the pipe the more top end the smaller the better low end.

Last edited by Jacob.P93; 02-17-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:06 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I cut out the muffler and put a cherry bomb in and ran a single out to a nice tip. Its not to crazy loud but when you wanna make some noise you can! As for the mufflers, they can both be bought at canadian tire.
The following users liked this post:
kylepeedle (02-18-2013)
Old 02-18-2013, 02:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevezf150
I cut out the muffler and put a cherry bomb in and ran a single out to a nice tip. Its not to crazy loud but when you wanna make some noise you can! As for the mufflers, they can both be bought at canadian tire.
thanks steve youra beauty cheery ill post a vid and pics when i get her installed! i also heard turning on the garden hose cold water and spraying it down the pipe to the glasspack will make it louder is it true?
Old 02-18-2013, 05:10 AM

Received 90 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by kylepeedle
thanks steve youra beauty cheery ill post a vid and pics when i get her installed! i also heard turning on the garden hose cold water and spraying it down the pipe to the glasspack will make it louder is it true?
Drive then truck, wait till it gets pretty hot then shoot cold water on it, then drive it around a lil more.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:34 AM

Cant say ive ever heard of this, Whats it do??
Old 02-18-2013, 02:47 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

It's shatters the glass/fiberglass (whatevers in it, i can't remember) and clearing it out. Turning it into just straight pipe. Basically your ruining the muffler...if your going to do that save your money and just run a straight pipe. Down here guys will literally just back their trucks down in a pond and "break em in". Terrible for the truck lol
Old 02-18-2013, 02:51 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

If you can get 1, and aren't going to give it the waterboard treatment i'd say get the cherry bomb. The general consensus, that i've understood anyway, is that they make the best one. But I don't know what much difference there could be in them. All a pretty similar and simple design best I understand it. It'll give you decent sound when you want it but won't be a nuisance. If your keeping the rest stock that is
Old 02-18-2013, 03:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kylepeedle
okay so im going to buy either a cherrybomb glasspack if i can get one (im in ontairo looked couldnt find anything) but i can a thrush glasspack! my friend said just cut the stock muffler off and we will weld it on! but i was wondering if i should run bigger pipe!? not sure whats on it right now but i was thinking 2 1/2"? and would it be better ro just run it out single out? or dual out?
My friend has a glasspack on his truck with duals out and it sounds pretty dang good for the rest of his exhaust being stock. And they're a good price. Plus Cherrybomb is classic badass material! Hahaha
Old 02-18-2013, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Auburnfan400
It's shatters the glass/fiberglass (whatevers in it, i can't remember) and clearing it out. Turning it into just straight pipe. Basically your ruining the muffler...if your going to do that save your money and just run a straight pipe. Down here guys will literally just back their trucks down in a pond and "break em in". Terrible for the truck lol
lol ya cant say ive ever heard of ppl doing that, but then agian like you said might as well run a straight pipe which 90 percent of the people around me are doing. We luckily dont get into much trouble with noise complains.

Quick Reply: 2000 f150 glasspack