You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
Im new to the F150 forums, but not to Ford forums, Im extremely familiar with the Mustang and have done a ton of work from interior to suspension in mine. But one of my friends owns a 1999 F150 XLT 5.4 V8 and wants to do a 3-4" suspension lift, definitely no sort of body lift. I am fairly familiar with what has to be done and I have to tools necessary, but I had a few questions about brands and types:
1. Is there a suspension lift out there that does not require the use of blocks for the rear? Maybe one that offers new leaf springs or add-a-leaf?
(to my knowledge adding blocks to the rear will make the suspension less stable, similar to adding a body lift, but from the suspensions perspective. so are blocks okay or if possible should i avoid lifts with blocks?)
2. What is the best brand to get for durability and ease of install?
3. Since we are just going with a 3-4" lift, are there any other parts needed to make things work correctly?
4. The truck is a DD and is probably only goes off-road about 5% of the time or less, so it would be nice to get a kit that still rides nicely and not rough.
5. Is there any installation issues that I need to know about or problems I might run into during the install? (such as grinding, welding, specialized tools?)
Sorry about all the questions, but I want to do this the right way and not have to do it again or have anything wrong. Thanks for any imput
Dont even waste your money on the torsion keys. Alls it does is lift your front suspension beyond what it should be and puts a lot of stress on the front end. It will wear out balljoints and stuff a lot quicker. Just crank the stock torsion bars and put in a add a leaf
__________________ 2001 Ford F150 XLT 4x4 Offroad 5.4L V8