Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

1998 f150 triton 4.6 v8 W motor fuel problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 f150 triton 4.6 v8 W motor fuel problem

first off the first pick is of the EGR valve. off the tube coming off the EGR valve is 2 other small tubes. anyone know wat these are for? Now my truck is turning over but no gas seems to be getting to the fuel injection. i removed the small valve on the passenger of the fuel injecton(looks like a small tire valve) and when i turn over the truck no fuel is shooting out and i dont even feel any air coming out either. so in the 2nd pic i posted is the fuel injection and i was wondering if the other valve thats in the pic tends to clog up? it seems to be where the fuel comes in and i think its a type of vacume but not 100% sure. if that isn't the problem the only other problem i can see is it being the fuel pump. any help would be awesome. just spent the last 3 months working sundays putting in a refab engine and have 3 months left on the warrenty. Thanks, Chris
Attached Images   
Old 10-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Retired Aerospace

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default A Little Help, Maybe:

The first pic shows the EGR pipe and EGR valve. The two lines connected at the pipe go to the DPFE (Differential Pressure Feedback EGR) sensor. The two pipes connect across an edge orifice inside the EGR pipe that is used to determine EGR flow.
The second pic shows the injector fuel rail with the fuel pressure regulator. The vacuum to the regulator connects to the intake manifold vacuum port.
No fuel pressure can be due to a failed fuel pump, no power to the fuel pump: A tripped inertia fuel pump safety switch located behind the passenger-side kick panel, an open fuse to the fuel pump system, a bad relay.....it's a mess.
Keep on picking and good luck.
BTW: The hoses connecting at the two lines at the bottom of the EGR pipe should be silicon high temp hoses....don't use regular neoprene in that application. Notice that the hoses have different inside diameters. The connections to the DPFE sensor can't be mixed up.

Last edited by Kattumaram; 10-05-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you very much for the feedback. gonna work on it this weekend and see if i cant get it running. i"ll reply early next week to let you know how it goes. again thank you.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:59 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Kattumaram
.........The hoses connecting at the two lines at the bottom of the EGR pipe should be silicon high temp hoses....don't use regular neoprene in that application............
Where can I buy silicone hose? Local Auto Zone has only one vacuum line, and I can tell it's regular rubber. A specialty store?

Quick Reply: 1998 f150 triton 4.6 v8 W motor fuel problem