Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

02 scre HD brake lights wont turn off

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 05:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 02 scre HD brake lights wont turn off

Ok so i had my 02 harley lowered 4/6 and has to notch the frame, on the prosses of cutting the frame i cut into the wireing and realized i was doing so and reconected the 3 wires i cut, then i moved the harness out of the way and continued. Finished that and then proceded to instal my kenwood double din with a backup camara, i ran a wire from the reverse light in my tail light to my reverse sensor wire(the one that activates the reverse camara/turns on) then power and ground from the same tail light. Now my problem is that my damn break lights are always on when i turn the ignition on!
I crawled under the truck where i cut the cables removed the harness and checked for any more issues and nothing wrong so i took my conections off and re did them just in case i did it wront the first time, problem was still there, then i thought it could be my reverse camara so i completely removed it and it didnt help, of coarse i checked all the fuses theyre all good, i was told to check the brake button/ pedal switch (dont know the correct term) just above the peddal and its in working condition.

Now heres the wierd part i know for a fact its not the pedal switch because at night i hit the brakes and the brake lights glow even brighter i let it go and it comes back down a bit(if that makes sense) so any ideas what could be wrong?
I also connected a trailer and the lights on the trailer work perfect! Turn singnals, brakes, emergency, all of them! So what can my problem be what should i be checking that i havent done already?!

Quick Reply: 02 scre HD brake lights wont turn off