Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

02 running rough at idle

Old 04-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Local Roofer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 running rough at idle

I have been noticing since its been cold out that the truck has been running rough on start up. It also doesnt like it, if you just let sit there and idle. I was at the bank just now and it was running rough. Its fine out on the street, It runs like a bat out of hell. I have on order the PVC line, because its throwing a code there. As well as the exhaust leak. A buddy said its running rich, which I didnt believe until today. I smelt a little bit of gas. Will fixing the two problems above help the rough running at idle? I was thinking it might be loading up the plugs?
Old 04-06-2009, 07:15 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Wondering about the smell of gas, raw fuel or rich mixture? Intake leaks will definately cause rough idles, 02 sensors might get confused with the exhaust leak.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Local Roofer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Good old Bill
Wondering about the smell of gas, raw fuel or rich mixture? Intake leaks will definately cause rough idles, 02 sensors might get confused with the exhaust leak.
I can hear the exhaust leak. So I know that one is correct, but I am not seeing any visble leaks. My friends said, its running rich due to the leaking PVC line, causing it to go full rich.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 02 running rough at idle