Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Part Sales

North Central: Spyder DLR headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 11:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Spyder DLR headlights

Selling a set of new spyder dlr headlights. I bought these to retrofit with morimoto projectors and led switchbacks. I don't have enough time on my hands to work on these and have lost interest. These are new and have never been installed but the right headlight is split open. Also the LEDs have but cut out of the dlr bar because I was planning to switch them with switchbacks. Other than the lights being modified to be retrofitted they're in great shape. The left headlight is brand New and hasn't been touched.

Will ship the headlights If needed. Wanting to get $200 for the set as they are pictured. These would be great for someone wanting to build a set. Retrocustomz has done some awesome builds with these same heads too. Any questions feel free to ask! Shipping would be from 54915.

Thanks!

Old 04-25-2016, 08:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Now that you have opened them up and looked at that white bar, do you think it is possible to paint it black or gray so as to look like the oem HIDs?
What would shipping be to 75087 or 29118?
Old 04-25-2016, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Clemsonxplorer
Now that you have opened them up and looked at that white bar, do you think it is possible to paint it black or gray so as to look like the oem HIDs?
What would shipping be to 75087 or 29118?
Using something like vht nightshade or another transparent paint I think would work good if you still wanted the bar to light up. If you wanted it black or gray like the oem with no dlr feature that would be pretty easy too. The lense of the bar comes right off and you can paint it. It's not molded into the housing. I'll send you some more pictures and get you a price on shipping.

Last edited by Brettn; 04-25-2016 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Brettn
Using something the vht nightshade or another transparent paint I think would work good if you still wanted the bar to light up. If you wanted it black or gray like the oem with no dlr feature that would be pretty easy too. The lense of the bar comes right off and you can paint it. It's not molded into the housing. I'll send you some more pictures and get you a price on shipping.
These are the projector halogen version right? Also, did you test the light output first before starting your mods? Thanks
Old 04-25-2016, 03:26 PM

These are the projector halogen version right? Also, did you test the light output first before starting your mods? Thanks
Correct these are the halogen version. Unfortunately I never tested the stock output of these headlights. I bought them with the intentions of replacing with morimoto projectors. I still have the left headlight which I haven't touch that I could hookup and take some pictures. From reviews I've seen I hear it's similar to stock. stage3motorsports.com put a set on their test truck.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:30 PM

here is a picture of them apart with the c-bar off the housing.

Old 04-25-2016, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Brettn
Correct these are the halogen version. Unfortunately I never tested the stock output of these headlights. I bought them with the intentions of replacing with morimoto projectors. I still have the left headlight which I haven't touch that I could hookup and take some pictures. From reviews I've seen I hear it's similar to stock. stage3motorsports.com put a set on their test truck.
That's ok. Don't need to go through the trouble. Did you get a shipping price yet? How did you get the housing apart btw?
Old 04-25-2016, 05:05 PM

Default PM

I tried to PM you but your box is full.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:04 PM

I tried to PM you but your box is full.
Try to send me an pm again. Sorry, didnt realize it was full.

I have not been able to get a price on shipping yet. I have been stuck at class today. The lights will go out in the box Spyder sent them to me in.

As far as pulling them apart, I used a heat gun and slowly heated them up and pried them apart with time.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wanting to buy

Quick Reply: North Central: Spyder DLR headlights