Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Part Sales

Want to Buy [Southeast]: Sound ordinance or similar sub system

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 07:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Sound ordinance or similar sub system

Hey everyone, I'm tired of my crappy stock speakers in my truck!! Every time I roll down my windows I can't hear anything unless I blast the speakers on full blast, and I'm afraid they are going to blow soon if I continue to do that... So anyways I'm looking for a small sub system similar to the sound ordinance (see link). Doesn't have to be that exactly but I def don't want anything overpowering just a lil bass! Also open to suggestions if anyone has any other ideas! Let me know whatcha got!!

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_777B8PT...l?cc=07&tp=114

Edit: also looking for a double din touchscreen DVD radio. Let me know what you all got!

Last edited by 09fx4newbie; 07-28-2014 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Additional info provided.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:11 PM
F150 Forum

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 09fx4newbie
Hey everyone, I'm tired of my crappy stock speakers in my truck!! Every time I roll down my windows I can't hear anything unless I blast the speakers on full blast, and I'm afraid they are going to blow soon if I continue to do that... So anyways I'm looking for a small sub system similar to the sound ordinance (see link). Doesn't have to be that exactly but I def don't want anything overpowering just a lil bass! Also open to suggestions if anyone has any other ideas! Let me know whatcha got!!

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_777B8PT...l?cc=07&tp=114
We have this one that is similar but a little better quality:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-BassLink.html
Old 07-28-2014, 05:47 PM

Thanks but I'm looking for something a lil cheaper... Also looking for a double din...
Old 07-29-2014, 10:17 AM

Received 546 Likes on 452 Posts

If you want to be able to hear your music with the windows down you're upgrading the wrong thing. Pair a set of coaxial/component speakers with that sub you're wanting to get for overall sound improvement. Otherwise the bass will overpower the chitty stock speakers and sound like poo IMO
Old 07-29-2014, 09:05 PM

Yea I'm looking to upgrade everything, just don't want to buy the speakers used. Thanks for the advice!

Quick Reply: Want to Buy [Southeast]: Sound ordinance or similar sub system