Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Part Sales

Want to Trade: [Texas]: My 2011 Platinum Tailgate for your non-Platinum Tailgate

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 01:46 AM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Default My 2011 Platinum Tailgate for your non-Platinum Tailgate

I have an '11 Platinum and I've just removed all chrome from the truck. The tailgate is a tricky piece to fill the holes left after removing the Platinum panel so I'm looking to trade someone for their non-Platinum tailgate.

Here are the details:
  • My tailgate has the step - will ONLY trade for a tailgate with the step
  • I removed the handle / pole and added the panel to cover the hole (see third picture). I am keeping the panel for the "new" tailgate and will reinstall the pole if you want it. Or I can leave the pole off (you can have it) and you can get your own panel to cover the hole.
  • My tailgate is white platinum tri-coat - will trade for other colors if that's what it takes
  • My tailgate has the back-up camera - we will swap emblems and whatever other parts are required if yours does not have the back-up camera
  • I am a few miles east of Dallas, Texas - I prefer a local trade (will drive a reasonable distance to meet you), but I will consider shipping our tailgates to one another if your tailgate has the OEM camera and step installed
Name:  f150forumrear_zps3431a028.jpg
Views: 4580
Size:  53.7 KB

Name:  f150forumside_zpscf94c0a4.jpg
Views: 4792
Size:  59.8 KB

Last edited by Chris H; 05-30-2014 at 02:18 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:52 AM

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris H
I have a '11 Platinum and I've removed all chrome from the truck. The tailgate is a tricky piece to fill the holes left after removing the Platinum panel so I'm looking to trade someone for their non-Platinum tailgate. Here are the details:[*]My tailgate has the step - will ONLY trade for a tailgate with the step[*]I removed the handle / pole and added the panel to cover the holes. I am keeping the panel and will reinstall the pole if you want it. Or I can leave it off and you can get your own panel to cover the hole.[*]My tailgate is white platinum tri-coat - will trade for other colors if that's what it takes[*]My tailgate has the back-up camera - we will swap emblems and whatever other parts are required if yours does not have the back-up camera[*]I am just east of Dallas, Texas - I will only consider shipping our tailgates to one another if your tailgate has the OEM camera and step installed
You wanna sell those tow mirrors and that bumper piece???
Old 05-30-2014, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Snowhite
You wanna sell those tow mirrors and that bumper piece???

I expected that question... will probably sell the tow mirrors soon, but I'm going to see if I can handle driving around with the standard mirrors before I sell the tow mirrors. I swore I'd never own another truck without the tow mirrors but I'm putting a lot of work into the appearance of this truck and the tow mirrors just don't work for the look I'm after.

The bumper in the pic is the new Harley piece waiting to be installed. I do have the original lower bumper (Platinum, EB) cover and it's in good shape (not perfect, it's got 69k miles on it).

I'll start a FS thread with all of the stock Platinum pieces once I get the truck back from my body guy.

Last edited by Chris H; 05-30-2014 at 02:10 AM.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:57 PM

bump...

I'm getting the truck back this week. The only piece of chrome left on it is the tailgate panel. Any takers?
Old 06-02-2014, 01:17 AM

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris H
bump... I'm getting the truck back this week. The only piece of chrome left on it is the tailgate panel. Any takers?
Let me know when and what your selling I will buy your tow mirrors.. Let me know ASAP
Old 06-04-2014, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Snowhite
Let me know when and what your selling I will buy your tow mirrors.. Let me know ASAP

As I stated above, I'm going to drive the truck with the standard mirrors for a while. I'm fairly certain I'll sell the tow mirrors, but not until I've had plenty of seat time with the smaller mirrors. It won't be "ASAP".

Bump for tailgate trade...
Old 06-11-2014, 03:52 AM

Bump...
Old 06-18-2014, 10:02 AM

One last bump...
Old 09-01-2014, 01:53 PM

Another bump. Still looking for a trade.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:43 PM

Bump

Quick Reply: Want to Trade: [Texas]: My 2011 Platinum Tailgate for your non-Platinum Tailgate