Topic Sponsor
General F150 Items

Southeast: In Search Of Double Dinah Factory SYNC system

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 03:28 PM

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts
Default In Search Of Double Dinah Factory SYNC system

Ok guys, bought my wife a 208 Ford Edge Limited. Unfortunately the factory navigation,Touchscreen GPS, CD combo.was removed and replaced with a aftermarket deck. Anyone have one laying around to sell? Answer here or through PM. Thanks!
Old 02-03-2016, 04:22 AM

Received 2,508 Likes on 1,818 Posts

You do know that you will need a radio with Job 2 rating. Those are the ones with the chrome **** on the upper corners. These are the ones with the #8 or #9 as the prefix on the part number on the tag. Job 1 is not SYNC, so don't try and use one of those (all black *****, no chrome). 8G1T-18k931-EA is an ideal radio to use if you can find one (Universal use, from a Taurus originally, but works with ALL models, and programming seems to fit them all, also). These have most items turned on, so using one of these will give you the use, without having to go have Ford reprogram the head for your vehicle. The correct head for your Edge is 8T4T-18K931-BA. You will also need the SYNC kit, if the wiring is removed to add the aftermarket radio. If you have to replace any, you can get a kit that is designed as an add on for Fords. It is 9R3Z-14D212-AA. This has the SYNC module and all the wiring to install it if they removed the bulk wiring when they put in the a/m radio. If the wiring is still there, you can get out with just the module. You can use any of the ones in 8L2T-14D212-AE thru AG. If you find a used module, you won't have to have it programmed. Any new module needs programming and it only comes with the general stuff turned on, so it can be set up, then programmed. I do have a couple extra Navigation heads (Ford) but have sold all my SYNC kits I had extra. PM if you need information on this install.

This is a Job 2 radio face. Later heads will NOT work (Sony w/front slot for SD card). The same radio as shown, with black ***** WILL NOT WORK with SYNC. This radio (below) is also Sirius compatible, but needs to the have the Sat Radio slot turned on. Note that there is no blue label saying Sat, but this head has (user device) compatible with MP3, DVD, or whatever you want to use, thru this port. If you have any radio questions about Ford heads, let me know, I've done numerous write ups on these heads and how or if they will or not in certain vehicles.
Attached Images  

Last edited by akdoggie; 02-03-2016 at 04:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Southeast: In Search Of Double Dinah Factory SYNC system