Topic Sponsor
Southeast AL, FL, GA, KY, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA

Southern Alabama Guys!!!!! I need HALP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Received 1,683 Likes on 588 Posts

Default Southern Alabama Guys!!!!! I need HALP!

So since I have been in Mobile, I have only driven my truck twice in 24 days. The rest of the time I have been in a rental.

Today I noticed that the truck felt a little laggy. When I parked it I smelled that recognizable "Brake parts death" smell. You know the one. Well thru my expert diagnostic process, I have determined that my RF caliper is sticking. Not terribly but enough to blue the rotor and have a smell.

I can get the parts to fix it all up but I dont have ANY of my tools with me nor is my truck equipped with a jack or lug wrench.

Can anyone help me out next week and lend me a hand/tools/space? I really don't wanna drive this thing 400 miles back home in two weeks on a sticking caliper.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:22 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

HOLY CRAP! i completley forgot that you were down here. i dont have a ton of tools here either. i just moved down and forgot my toolbox in my moms garage. i just have a few wrench sets is all. if i can help in anyway PM me and i can give you my number.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:45 AM
*ROLL TIDE*

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ill be back in mobile at my parents place on the 30th and my father has a bunch of tools. when are you leaving mobile?
Old 07-22-2010, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by madeSICC
HOLY CRAP! i completley forgot that you were down here. i dont have a ton of tools here either. i just moved down and forgot my toolbox in my moms garage. i just have a few wrench sets is all. if i can help in anyway PM me and i can give you my number.
Thats about the extent of what I have with me but if you have a lug wrench, a jack and space for me/us to work on it, I might hit you up. Thanks.

Originally Posted by 09STX4X4
ill be back in mobile at my parents place on the 30th and my father has a bunch of tools. when are you leaving mobile?
Sadly, I believe that I am working on the 30th and leaving on the 31st but I have not been able to get that confirmed. I don't know if they are extending my orders here yet. I should find out later this week.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:17 PM

I sadly am lacking everything you need except the garage to work in. My truck didn't have a jack either. My brother in law has his jack for his jeep that will probably work. So we are just missing the wrench to get your wheel off. I could pick one up if need be, its probably a good ideato have one. Let me know man. Sunday would be bestfor me cause I am on call for The majority of Saturday.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:28 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

This is a rough weekend for me since my project is closing out on Wednesday, but hit me up if you can't find anything nearby. I'm about an hour away.

We could probably do it in 15 minutes with everything I've got.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Administrator

I'll let y'all know. I'm going to have it "expertly" diagnosed just to make sure that my diagnosis is correct.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:25 PM

did you get it figured out lenn?
Old 07-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Administrator

Wow... forgot I made this thread.

Yes, turns out I dont have a caliper sticking. It was a combination of Airport Blvd traffic (wich sucks ***** all the time) and alot of mud on my brakes that was causing my smell.

I did find out though that I need lower ball joints. I wanted to have the shop that did the check (Majestic Tire on Airport... GREAT guys, GREATER prices) to do an alignment since I had not had one done since I cranked out my t-bars. They told me that they could not do it due to the LBJ's being poop. Oh well... its got 110k on it, I was wondering how long they'd last.

I'm off Monday, I gotta get up with ya, SIC.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:42 PM

haha yea i hate driving on that street. i have to do it a lot for work. yea we should get lunch somewhere or something.

Quick Reply: Southern Alabama Guys!!!!! I need HALP!