Topic Sponsor
Southeast AL, FL, GA, KY, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA

Opinions needed about a shop!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 10:37 PM
fx2er

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Opinions needed about a shop!

Okay, so a few buddies and I are looking to open up a shop in South Florida, one does diesel repair and the other fabricates offroad parts. We all love trucks and want to bring a more personal experience to people looking to modify their trucks. My question is, Is there a demand for another Offroad shop in South Florida? Id like to hear yalls opinions and suggestions, Thanks in advanced, Evan
Old 03-14-2012, 11:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where abouts in south florida? I'm in Jupiter area and as I'm sure you know we have CTM customs ( which I do not know much about) Pela (only shop worth going to) and, dare I say, DV8 ( would never consider). I'm sure there are others, but not a lot of real high quality shops. I think if someone stepped in and made a name for themselves with good pricing and exceptional service, they could take over the local market. Only problem is places like Dv8 that have the worst customer service, terrible pricing, and their work is downright unskilled take the vast majority of kids who use daddy's money to have these places build show trucks.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:36 PM
fx2er

We would be located near the Ft. Lauderdale area, and would start out small because there are only 3 of us. But, my 2 friends are both skilled mechanics one recently rebuilt another buddies 6.0 in his driveway with hand tools only, and the other as I said fabricates parts. We are all passionate about trucks and all very fair. I agree, DV8 is very overpriced and not very personable this is why as a small shop our prices would be fair, and the service would be exceptional. I've been to a few o these places and experienced their customer service, it's horrible. And rigging something up wrong is dangerous which is why we'd go out of our way. This shops still in he works so if it goes through, I'll be sure to let the forum know. Thanks buddy I appreciate the support
Old 03-14-2012, 11:37 PM
fx2er

I meant out of our way to make things safe and right, sorry something must've gotten erased.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the idea, I'm currently living in Boca for school, so Laudy isn't too far. Let me know if it happens, because I have a lift and some fab projects in the works.

Quick Reply: Opinions needed about a shop!