Topic Sponsor
Southeast AL, FL, GA, KY, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA

North vs South??

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 12:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default North vs South??

My wife and I are thinking of relocating to the south. We live in Upstate NY. Not NYC or anywhere close. About a 2.5 hr drive from Canada.

Anyway, I hate this state. It's turned to ****. NYC and Albany run this state. I'm looking for a position within my company to move.

How do Southern people feel about us Northerners? Do you ignore us? Do you single us out? Do you just deal with us?

It's a serious question. I'm a friendly guy. My wife and I just want to get out of here and find a place where things are quiet and laid back. Myself I would rather be on the outskirts of town with a little land. My wife, well she's a (northern) country girl.

If it matters we're looking towards South Carolina near Georgia line. Beaufort County area.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:36 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I came from CT to Alabama and I've loved it! People are nice and don't really bother me about it... of course my parents were born and raised in West TN So I have always said I was born in CT but raised on southern values. I kinda felt like I belonged here honestly lol but I really don't think you'll have too much trouble ... just dont insult their football team haha
Old 05-17-2014, 02:25 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Just don't come across as bossy or know it all. Big annoyance of mine with a lot of Yankees from the Northeast. Other than that you will be fine.

Quick Reply: North vs South??