Topic Sponsor
Southeast AL, FL, GA, KY, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA

North Carolina laws?

Old 05-16-2016, 06:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default North Carolina laws?

Hi, I'm moving to Jacksonville, NC soon and I was wondering if they have laws for tinted/smoked lights?
I'm looking to get smoked lights eventually but I'm thinking about doing some tint work on my stock ones first and I don't want to be getting in trouble 24/7 for it.

Also, how strict are they on their window tint laws?

Any crazy law I should know about before moving?
Old 05-24-2016, 04:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Leukippes
Hi, I'm moving to Jacksonville, NC soon and I was wondering if they have laws for tinted/smoked lights?
I'm looking to get smoked lights eventually but I'm thinking about doing some tint work on my stock ones first and I don't want to be getting in trouble 24/7 for it.

Also, how strict are they on their window tint laws?

Any crazy law I should know about before moving?
We have state inspections that are conducted each year per vehicle.. On 96 and later vehicles, they also do an emissions inspection.

The window tint is 35% legal all the way around... On the lighting, I haven't heard of anyone getting a citation of any type for tint. I had tint on my headlights with no issues.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:58 PM

Received 61 Likes on 58 Posts

Nice to see someone form around my area... they dont really mess with you TOO much about tint.. dont go like 5% and you'll be okay... find you a inspection shop that wont mind tint...

most people around here cut cats, straight pipe /squated chevys... even see squated dodges!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: North Carolina laws?