Topic Sponsor
Southwest AZ, CA, HI, NM, NV, UT

Need lift shop recommendation for Central AZ

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 08:15 AM

Received 347 Likes on 187 Posts

Default Need lift shop recommendation for Central AZ

I wanted to see if anyone has a recommendation on a shop or mechanic in the Prescott, Flagstaff, Camp Verde area that could instal a Rancho or RCX 4" lift kit. Hopefully someone skilled and who knows what they are doing and that is priced reasonably. (I know I want it all huh). I also wouldn't mind driving for a bit if it meant getting it done right.

I wont be needing this service for a while, but I am moving to the area and will be wanting to get the work done after I am settled in. I am asking this because here in Iowa, about any shop will tell you they can do the job. Very few of them though have actually seen or done one, or really know what they are doing. They then end up floundering with the job and taking twice as long or screwing something up. I imagine down there that 4x4 shops are more prevalent?

Thank you
Old 03-02-2017, 02:39 PM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

https://m.yellowpages.com/payson-az/4x4-parts

Here's a starting point. There are several shops in the Phoenix Metro area. The one I'm familiar with is on 19th Ave north of Dunlap (about 1.5 miles off I-17). Desert Rat 4X4 is the name if I recall. Been in there looking for tie down equipment a few times. They do have an installment shop out back and is fairly busy.

If you're in Payson it's about 75-80 miles. Flagstaff is 135 or so.

I'm not much into off roading so that's about all I can offer. Hopefully it helps.