Topic Sponsor
Southwest AZ, CA, HI, NM, NV, UT

Arizona offroad/camping meet

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 11:47 PM

Received 138 Likes on 103 Posts

Default Arizona offroad/camping meet

Who: Anyone with a truck (ANY MAKE, we will be in a Chevy)
Where: Sycamore Creek CLICK HERE FOR GOOGLE MAP OF TURN OFF FOR SYCAMORE
When: EDIT we will go out on Friday afternoon as well but still meet sat at the original time, April 2nd Meet at 4:00PM Leave at the latest 4:30PM
Meeting Spot: Circle K on Shea and HWY87 CLICK HERE FOR GOOGLE MAP OF MEETING SPOT

EDIT we will go out Friday afternoon, then on sat we will go back to the original meeting spot to pick up the other people who couldn't make it friday

OK so I am taking the initiative to plan an offroading/camping trip on april 2nd. if you click on the first map it will take you to the turn off from hwy 87, then you can zoom in and follow the trail north east then it turns north and hits a wash. that wash is sycamore creek. it will be an overnight trip and there is very little phone service out there so we will meet at the circle k in fountain hill, there is a map linked above. we will meet there at 4:00pm on Saturday April 2nd. we will wait until 4:30PM in-case someone is running late. at 4:30PM we will leave and head towards the wash.

we will then drive down the trail towards the wash, if you are familiar with sycamore we will setup camp across from the widow maker, its a great spot to watch people attempt to go up the hill.

we usually just bring sleeping bags and sleep in the bed of the truck, we did that in January and stayed plenty warm, feel free to bring a tent though(most do, but not needed). since this is overnight please bring firewood (pallets work great). and we usually just bring sandwiches and drinks for ourselves. after any alcohol we stop driving, and we hope you are smart enough to do the same.

then the next day hang out for a bit, drive around, and either stay for a while or head out and go out for lunch before heading home.

i have seen 2wd trucks make it out there, but have also seen them get stuck, if you stay on the gas through the sand you will make it. its mainly just a wash but there is widow maker which i have seen many people flip over on (3 that possibly died) then if you go down the wash a little ways it gets narrower and more rough and out of the sand.

all around should be fun, some light wheeling, could try widow maker if you would like, just not my fault if you flip/hit the walls. and some great quality time with your forum members around the camp fire.

So who's in?

PM me so we can exchange numbers, and post up your questions/comments

IF YOU PLAN ON COMING PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT DAY YOU WILL BE MEETING US, ALSO PM ME FOR MY PHONE NUMBER

list of people saying they will or will try to go
on the different sites its posted on

tmc
ogterror
mixedbreed
nmram

f150forum
prozach
gwinkleman

ftw
topdogcustoms

f150online
no one yet

and then there should be probably be about 4 of my friends or more

Last edited by azmidget91; 03-03-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great. This is what I was talking about. A command decision and a well planned event. I, of course, can't make it, but ill be there in spirit. I drive a semi six nights a week and run my own business during the day so I won't be able to make many gatherings but I'll keep watching the threads just in case.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:37 AM
Formerly "ZCHPRO"

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

so is it a friday-sunday thing or do we leave to head home on saturday night?
I'm down just need that info in order to request off from work.

Just a note: anyone who knows someone with a 4wd of some kind (or offroad vehicle) please direct them to this thread. We would love to meet up with them.
Oh and bring your own recovery tools just in case, if you don't have some, then at least get a recovery rope. We'll be more than happy to pull you out
Old 03-03-2011, 02:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm down, Azmidget I'll send you my cell in a PM. I have a 4x4 SCrew so when we go off-roading 4 more can ride with me (5, if the fifth can fit in the middle of the front bench seat)

Ill be there Friday and I'll bring my camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, etc...) Ill probably crash in the bed of the truck but others are more than welcome to use me tent if they want.

Also, I don't have any recovery gear but if anyone else does please bring it. I'll try and go pick up a heavy duty strap. Last I was out there this past Jan there was SOME mud but easily avoidable.

Last edited by gwinkleman; 03-03-2011 at 03:00 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:01 AM

ok responded to people who pm'ed and added a list of people possibly going
Old 03-23-2011, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone else interested? Only a week and half away!
Old 03-23-2011, 03:53 PM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm off 1:30p on Sat and can make it and spend all Sunday. I got clevises and tow trap..
Old 03-23-2011, 07:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sweet deal!
Old 03-27-2011, 12:15 PM

ok less than a week away, i pm'd a bunch of people i found in other az threads, so if you are one of them feel free to join us
Old 03-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Going Big Since 1980

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sycamore Eh? ... Anyone bringing any bikes?

Quick Reply: Arizona offroad/camping meet